|Anil Rastogi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Anil Rastogi is an Indian actor who is best known for his portrayal of SSP Bashir Ahmed in Udaan, as a grandfather in Ishaqzaade, and as Purushottam Singh Tilakdhari in Na Bole Tum Naa Maine Kuch Kaha.
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Anil completed his graduate and post-graduate degree from Lucknow University.
He has a doctorate degree in microbiology.
- Siblings – Chandra Kishore Rastogi (Brother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anil has been married to –
- Sudha Rastogi (1962-Present) – Anil Rastogi tied the knot with a woman named Sudha on May 21, 1962, with whom he shares a son named Anurag Rastogi.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Due to his age, Anil’s once dark brown colored hair has turned gray.
- He sports a thick mustache.
He has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- KBC Promo Yahan Paise Hi Nahin Dil Bhi Jeete Jate Hain (2015)
- Kala Hit Kone men Jhadu ke itne paise (2018-2020)
- Hero Motor Bike( 2014)
- Symphoni Fan (2016)
Anil Rastogi Facts
- He was a former scientist of the Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow who joined the institute in 1962, as a Junior Research Fellow. After that, he retired from there as the Head of Biochemistry and Directors Grade Scientist in 2003. Aside from that, he is also a Fellow at the National Academy of Sciences of India.
- In 1962, Anil began working in theatre and has appeared in more than 1000 plays, some of which include Taj Mahal Ka Tender, Yehoodi Ki Ladki, A View From the Bridge, Fando and Lis, Vibhaas (The Old world), Kanya Daan, and Bare Foot in Athens.
- His vast contribution to the Indian theatre, television, and film industries has earned him various national-level awards which include the Awadh Samman in 2019, Yash Bharti award in 2017, the UP Sangeet Natak Academy Fellow in 2008, and the UP Sangeet Natak Academy Award in 1984.
- One of his earliest television appearances was as SSP Bashir Ahmed in Udaan in 1989. Later, in 2005, Anil was cast in his first theatrical film Main, Meri Patni Aur Woh starring actor Rajpal Yadav, Rituparna Sengupta, and Varun Badola.
Featured Image By Anil Rastogi / Instagram