|Ann Curry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 19, 1956|
|Spouse||Brian Wilson Ross|
Ann Curry is an American Emmy Award-winning journalist and photojournalist. She is known for her work as an international correspondent-anchor for NBC News, for anchoring on the Today show, and Dateline NBC. Her work focuses primarily on human suffering in war zones and natural disasters. She has reported from war zones in Kosovo, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Afghanistan, and Darfur. She has a journalism degree from the University of Oregon.
Agaña, Guam, United States
New Canaan, Connecticut, United States
Ann Curry studied in Ernest J. King School on the United States Fleet Activities Sasebo naval base in Sasebo, Nagasaki. Later, she attended Ashland High School in Ashland, Oregon.
She then joined the University of Oregon and graduated with a bachelor of arts in journalism in 1978.
- Father – Robert Paul Curry (Navy Sailor)
- Mother – Hiroe Nagase
- Siblings – He has 4 other younger siblings.
- Others – Everet Curry (Paternal Step Grandfather), Edith Eva (Paternal Grandmother), Charles Earl Wright (Paternal Grandfather)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ann Curry has dated –
- Brian Wilson Ross (1989-Present) – The couple got married on October 21, 1989. They have 2 children – a daughter named McKenzie Curry Ross and a son named William Walker Curry Ross.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
She is of English, Irish, Scottish, and German descent on her father’s side and has Japanese ancestry on her mother’s side.
Ann Curry Facts
- When she was growing up, her family moved to Ashland, Oregon.
- She worked as a cocktail waitress during her college days.
- In 1978, she started her broadcasting career as an intern at KTVL in Medford, Oregon and later became KTVL’s first female news reporter.
- In 1998, she was chosen by People magazine as one of the “50 Most Beautiful People”.
- Her work focuses primarily on human suffering in war zones and natural disasters such as the tsunamis in Southeast Asia and the earthquake in Haiti.
- She has reported from war zones in Kosovo, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Afghanistan, Darfur, Congo, and the Central African Republic.
- She is a chocoholic and starts her day with Hershey’s Kiss.
- In 2014, while hiking in Harriman State Park in New York, Ann injured her ankle and was found by a group of New Jersey-based boy scouts who rescued her.
- In January 2015, Curry founded her own media company, Ann Curry Inc.
Featured Image by Chad J. McNeeley / www.defenselink.mil / Public Domain