|Anna Shcherbakova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 28, 2004|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Anna Shcherbakova is a Russian figure skater who has won the ‘Gold’ medal at the Russian Figure Skating Championships (2019, 2020), the 2019 GP Skate America championship, the 2019 GP Cup of China, and the 2019 CS Lombardia Trophy; and the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2020 European Figure Skating Championships as well as the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final in the 2019-20 season. It was her debut season at the senior level and she had joined the big leagues after having impressed in the junior tier in the preceding 2 seasons. She had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2019 European Youth Olympic Festival, the Russian Cup Final (2017-18), the 2018 ISU Junior Grand Prix (JGP) Slovakia, and the 2018 ISU JGP Canada; along with a ‘Silver’ medal at the 2019 World Junior Figure Skating Championships and a ‘Bronze’ medal at the Russian Junior Figure Skating Championships in the 2018-19 season. At the end of the 2019-20 season, her first at the senior level, she was ranked number 3 in the world in the official ladies’ singles rankings issued by the International Skating Union (ISU).
Anna Stanislavovna Shcherbakova
Anna, as of August 2020, was a high school student.
- Father – Stanislav Shcherbakov
- Mother – Julie Shcherbakova
- Siblings – Inna Shcherbakova (Older Sister)
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Russian descent.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
- Long, straight hair
Anna has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing giant Nike.
Anna Shcherbakova Favorite Things
- Hobbies/Interests – Sewing, Reading
- Pet – Dogs
Source – ISU Results
Anna Shcherbakova Facts
- At the start of her career, Anna was plagued by injuries. A broken arm had caused her to miss out on participating in the 2017 Russian Junior Championships. A few months later, she had broken her leg while practicing a triple loop in combination at a training camp. Consequently, she was forced to sit out for the majority of the 2017-18 season.
- She holds the record of being the first female figure skater in history to have successfully landed a quad lutz in a senior-level competition. Interestingly, she had managed to achieve the feat in her very first senior-level tournament, the 2019 CS Lombardia Trophy. She was awarded 14.03 points for the quad lutz which was the then world record for the highest valued single jump.
- At the 2019 GP Skate America championship, she had become the first female figure skater to land 2 quad lutz jumps in a program. At the same event, she became the first female skater to land a quad lutz in combination (4Lz-3T) and only the 2nd female skater after Alexandra Trusova to score more than 160 points in the free skate program at the senior level under the latest GOE (Grade of Execution) system.
- When she had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2020 Russian Figure Skating Championships, she had managed to outscore the corresponding men’s champion Dmitri Aliev even though the scoring for the ladies’ event had awarded just 4/5th of the value of men’s component scores.
Featured Image by Anna Shcherbakova / Instagram