Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England
London, England, United Kingdom
Annabel studied at the Oxford School of Drama and graduated in 2005.
- Father – Richard Scholey (Retired Fireman)
- Mother – Helen Scholey (Nurse)
- Siblings – Rosie Scholey (Younger Sister) (Teacher)
Annabel is represented by the London-based Independent Talent Group.
Soundtrack, Pop, Rock
WOS Distribution (Ireland) Limited
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Annabel has dated –
- Ciarán McMenamin (2017-Present) – Annabel first laid eyes on the Irish actor Ciarán McMenamin while he was performing at the National Theatre and found him to be nice. After some time, the two were set up on a semi-blind date by a common friend and they quickly hit it off. The couple got married in May 2017 on the Lusty Beg Island in Fermanagh, Ireland and have since settled down in Hastings in England.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled Smile
- Thin lips
Annabel appeared in a commercial for Jaguar in 2018.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Lauren Drake on the supernatural drama Being Human on BBC in season 1.
- For being a seasoned thespian and having done a credible body of work in theater.
As a Singer
Annabel made her musical debut, singing for the musical feature film Walking on Sunshine in 2014. She lent her voice to songs like White Wedding, Venus, Faith, etc. contributing to the soundtrack of the movie.
In 2014, Annabel made her theatrical film debut in Walking on Sunshine as Maddie.
First TV Show
In 2005, Annabel made her first TV show appearance in the After the Funeral episode of Agatha Christie’s Poirot as Miss Sorrel.
Annabel Scholey Favorite Things
- Theatre – The Old Vic Theatre in London
- Italian Dish – Tiramisu from Taverna Trastevere in Rome
- City – Rome
- School Subject – History
Source – Vulkan Magazine, Culturised
Annabel Scholey Facts
- She became determined to be an actress at the age of 14 after having discovered Shakespeare on a school trip to watch The Merchant of Venice in Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Her final diploma performance at the Oxford Drama School helped her land a spot on the national tour of Tom Stoppard’s The Real Thing with Tom Conti.
- She acted alongside Dustin Hoffman and Richard Madden on the television show Medici: Masters of Florence in 2016.
- Annabel is also a voice artist and has voiced the character of Ginny Weasley in the video game version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in 2011.
- Her theater credits include playing the character of Lady Anne alongside Kevin Spacey in Sam Mendes’s adaptation of Richard III. The production was performed at the Old Vic theatre in London and the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York and received rave reviews.
- Annabel played a predatory younger woman named Kate in the revival of Passion Play by Peter Nichols at the Duke of York’s Theatre in 2013.
- Annabel finished as a runner-up in the BBC Carleton Hobbs Radio Competition in 2005.
- Apart from being a visual actor, she has also lent her voice to radio dramas such as All Passion Spent, A Harlot’s Progress, and Under Milk Wood.
- Annabel played Amena in the historical drama series Britannia released in 2018. The show shares similar mystical elements and has been compared to the Game of Thrones for its visual aesthetics.
- In 2012, Annabel tried her hand at comedy by starring in the improvised comedy series Family Tree as Lucy Pfister.
- Follow her on Twitter.
Featured Image by Annabel Scholey / Twitter