|Annie Murphy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1986|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Annie Murphy is a Canadian actress, activist, theatre artist, and writer who is best known for having been cast as Alexis Rose in the TV sitcom, Schitt’s Creek. Apart from that, she has also appeared in a number of other shows and movies like Lethal Obsession, The Beautiful Life: TBL, Story of Jen, Blue Mountain State, A Windigo Tale, Against the Wall, The Plateaus, and Good God. Moreover, Annie Murphy has also amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Annie Frances Murphy
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Annie Murphy studied at Elmwood School, an independent day school for girls, located in Rockcliffe Park, Ottawa. Later, she attended Queen’s University, a public research university located in Kingston, Ontario, but decided to drop her studies at the university after a year.
Then, Annie Murphy got enrolled at Concordia University and pursued a degree in Theatre Performance. Afterward, she attended the Canadian Film Centre Actors’ Conservatory to hone her acting skills.
Actress, Theatre Artist, Activist, Writer
- Father – He was a school teacher.
- Mother – She was a school teacher.
- Siblings – Annie Murphy is an only child.
Annie Murphy is represented by Gary Goddard Agency, Talent Agency, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Annie Murphy has dated –
- Menno Versteeg – Annie is married to Menno Versteeg who has been a member of the indie rock band, Hollerado. The duo once lost their apartment to a fire.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- High cheekbones
- A tattoo of American actor Jimmy Stewart’s silhouette on her wrist
Annie Murphy Favorite Things
- One Of Her Favorite Things To Do – Eavesdropping
- Book – The Emergency by Coomi Kapoor
Source – FashionMagazine.com
Annie Murphy Facts
- She spent her childhood years in Ottawa, Ontario.
- During her high school years, Annie Murphy participated in a number of theatre productions and refined her skills as an artist.
- In August 2007, she made her first TV show appearance by portraying the character of Lawyer in an episode titled Lance-A-Lot of the comedy series, The Business, which starred Kathleen Robertson, Rob Deleeuw, Nicolas Wright, Trevor Hayes, and James A. Woods.
- Annie Murphy has also played several characters in a variety of movies which include Sarah in Lethal Obsession, Ana in Story of Jen, Friend in Art Gallery in A Windigo Tale, Jennifer in Lick, and Girl on Phone in Picture This.
- She has served as an ambassador for CARE Canada which is a major international humanitarian agency that aims at delivering emergency relief and long-term international development projects.
- In 2019, she won a Gracie Award in the “Actress in a Breakthrough Role” category for her brilliant performance in Schitt’s Creek.
- Annie has suffered depression in the past which got very bad after the COVID-19 lockdown started in March 2020. She had to take antidepressants and start seeing a therapist to reach her normal self.
Featured Image by Canadian Film Centre / Flickr / CC BY 2.0