|Annie Parisse Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1975|
Annie Parisse is an American actress who has appeared in numerous films and TV shows. She is well-known for portraying Alexandra Borgia in the legal drama TV series Law & Order (2005-2006). Annie is also regularly seen in theatre productions and has earned several nominations for her work in dramatic stage plays.
Anne Marie Cancelmi
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Annie attended Mercer Island High School in Washington. She then moved to New York City at the age of 18 and attended Fordham University where she majored in theater. She has also received training in Performing Arts at London’s Holborne Center.
- Father – Louis G. “Lou” Cancelmi (Airline Executive)
- Mother – Annette Cancelmi (Teacher)
- Siblings – Louis Cancelmi (Younger Brother) (Actor, Writer), Michael Cancelmi (Brother) (Italian Teacher)
- Others – Michael “Mike” Sparks (Father-in-Law) (High School Football Coach), Jane Sparks (née Ellis) (Mother-in-Law) (Elementary School Teacher), Elisabeth Waterston (Sister-in-Law) (Actress), Katherine Waterston (Sister-in-Law) (Actress), Graham Waterston (Brother-in-Law) (Writer, Filmmaker), Harry J. Cancelmi, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Smetana Cancelmi (Paternal Grandmother), Norbert A. Cancelmi (Uncle), Harry J. Cancelmi, Jr. (Uncle) (Defense Attorney), Anna Maria Parisse (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Gaetano Cancelmi (Paternal Great-Grandfather)
She is represented by Don Buchwald & Associates, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Annie has dated –
- Paul Sparks (2005–Present) – Annie first met fellow actor Paul Sparks in 2005 and they got married the same year. They have 2 children together – a son named Emmett (b. 2009) and a daughter named Lydia (b. 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian, Slovak, and Polish descent on her father’s side and of Italian and Syrian (Middle Eastern) descent on her mother’s side.
- Slender frame
- Dimpled smile
- Neck-length straight hair
Annie has appeared in the TV commercial for the brand First Response and its Pregnancy Test device (2002).
Annie Parisse Favorite Things
- Articles Of Clothing – Leather Jackets, Blazers, Long denim skirts
- Fashion Labels – Vince, Rag & Bone
- Fashion Designer – Zac Posen
- Song – Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain (1975) by Willie Nelson
- Music Album – Red Headed Stranger (1975) by Willie Nelson
- Pastime – Walking
- Color – Midnight blue
- Music Genre – Country
Source – RegardMag.com, 4everblu.com
Annie Parisse Facts
- Although she was born in Alaska, Annie’s family moved to Mercer Island, Washington when she was young and she completed her high schooling there.
- After moving to New York to attend university, Annie auditioned for and appeared in several theater productions. She featured in the lead roles of the Greek tragedies Medea and Antigone.
- For her role as Julia Snyder, her first major TV role in the soap opera As the World Turns (1998-2002), Annie was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in 2001 in the category “Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series”.
- Annie was part of the main cast of Law & Order during its 15th and 16th seasons (2005-2006). She had, however, made a cameo appearance earlier the show in its 12th season, portraying a stripper.
- She has also been a regular presence on stage having starred in a revival of the play, Prelude to a Kiss in 2007. The same year, she was nominated for the “Outstanding Actress in a Play” award at the Drama Desk Awards, for her performances in the play The Internationalist.
- In 2008, she performed the titular role in the Off-Broadway production of the play Becky Shaw and was nominated for the “Outstanding Lead Actress” award at the 2009 Lucille Lortel Awards.
- Annie has taken her stage name from her late great-grandmother, Anna Maria Parisse.
- In 2011, Annie appeared in the New York Public Theater’s Shakespeare in the Park festival productions of 2 plays – Measure for Measure and All’s Well that Ends Well.
- She has also taught acting classes under the title Acting for the Camera at her alma mater Fordham University as part of its theatre program.
Featured Image by Greg2600 / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
WOW, I did not think beautiful Annie was that tall. She is 5 inches taller than me and she outweighs me by 21 pounds. Wow, Annie could pick me up and throw me clear across the room!