|Annie Potts Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1952|
Annie Potts is an American actress who is known for her appearances in many films like Corvette Summer (1978) and Ghostbusters (1984). She is also known for playing a remarkable role in Love & War (1993-1995), GCB (2012), The Fosters (2013–2018), and Young Sheldon. Annie has also graced the stage to play Broadway roles such as Annette in God of Carnage (2009-2010) and Berthe in Pippin (2014).
Anne Hampton Potts
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
In 1970, she completed her schooling from Franklin-Simpson High School.
Later, Annie graduated from Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri with a bachelor’s in fine arts in theater. In 2003, she returned to perform in a musical by Stephen Sondheim titled A Little Night Music and later, took a lecture for the students pursuing theatre. Furthermore, she rejoined the college as a member of their board.
Annie also enrolled herself into the California Institute of the Arts, Valencia, California.
Actress, Producer, Author
- Father – Powell Grisette Potts
- Mother – Dorothy Harris Billingslea
- Siblings – Mary Eleanor Hovious (Older Sister), Elizabeth Grissette Potts (Older Sister)
Annie is represented by –
- Innovative Artists
- Tres Palmas, Ltd.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Annie has dated –
- Steven Hartley (1973-1978) – Annie was 20 years old when she got married to her high school partner actor Steven Hartley in 1973. Sometime after they got married, the couple were driving down in their Volkswagen bus when they were hit by 2 drivers at high speed. The drivers were drag racing that day. The extent of the crash was fatal and Steven lost a leg and Annie had broken multiple bones waist down. Despite spending several years together after the crash, the couple got divorced in 1978.
- Greg Antonacci (1978-1980) – Television actor Greg Antonacci married Annie Potts in 1978. However, the two could not hit it off for very long and got divorced 2 years later in 1980.
- B. Scott Senechal (1980-1989) – Annie and assistant director B. Scott Senechal started dating in 1980. The following year, the couple got married and had their first child, a boy named Clay Samuel Senechal (b. 1981). After being married for 8 years, the two parted ways in 1989.
- James Hayman (1990-Present) – Producer and director James Hayman and Annie Potts met on the set of a film titled Sketches in 1989. Later, the two got married in 1990 and had their first child, a boy named James Powell Hayman (b. 1992). They had their 2nd child Isaac Harris Hayman in 1996.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
She prefers to dye her hair to different shades including “auburn” according to her appearance that is required on screen.
Annie has appeared in many commercials for brands like –
- Jolly Time Popcorn (1997)
- One-A-Day (1999)
- Biography Channel (2000)
- Nestlé Purina PetCare (Alpo) (2000)
- Pop Secret Popcorn (1991)
Annie also appeared alongside entrepreneur Dixie Carter in a commercial for a drug store called Peoples Drug located in Washington D.C.
Best Known For
- Winning a Genie Award for “Best Performance by a Foreign Actress” in 1981 for her role in Heartaches
- Starring as Meemaw in Young Sheldon
- Starring in several films such as Corvette Summer (1978), Ghostbusters (1984), Pretty in Pink (1986)
- Lending her voice to the character of Bo Peep in Toy Story (1995) and Toy Story 2 (1999)
Annie made her theatrical debut as Vanessa in Matthew Robbins’s adventure-comedy movie Corvette Summer in 1978.
As a voice actress, she made her theatrical film debut as Bo Peep in Toy Story in 1995.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Helene on the comedy series Busting Loose in January 1977.
As a voice actress, Annie made her TV show debut on The Kwicky Koala Show in 1981.
In order to keep herself fit and healthy, Annie goes to boxing classes 3 times a week. For her diet, she prefers to eat things in moderation.
Annie Potts Favorite Things
- Slippers – Red Chinese bedroom slippers
- Clothes – Faux-leopard coat
- Food – Oxtail soup
Source – NYPost
Annie Potts Facts
- She is the youngest out of the 3 siblings.
- Annie was born in Nashville but grew up in Franklin, Kentucky.
- At the age of 21, Annie met with a severe car accident that broke many bones waist down. Even though she made a speedy recovery, she still suffers from a chronic condition known as traumatic arthritis.
- She is a huge fan of comedian Ray Romano and Irish actor Chris O’Dowd.
- Annie has lent her voice to many characters in video games like Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue (1999), Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009), Toy Story 3: The Video Game (2010).
- Annie has narrated many audiobooks like Telegraph Days (2006) and Annie (2014).
- She is also an author who has released several books such as Chicken (2012) and The Science/Fiction of S*x.
- Annie was just 12 years old when she was selected to play the titular character in a production called Heidi during a summer camp.
- In 1977, she made her first TV movie appearance in Black Market Baby.
- Her role as Berthe in her debut musical Broadway Pippin in 2014, was previously allotted to playwright and actress Tovah Feldshuh.
- In 2009, she made her Broadway debut in God of Carnage.
- In the past, she kept the ashes of her pets with her for several years until she emptied them into columns that were being made near her house pool.
- 2 things that she can’t live without are her children and Earl Grey tea.
- If she were given a chance to change 1 thing about herself, she would opt for longer legs.
- She is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Entertainment Weekly / YouTube