|Ant (Anthony Steven Kalloniatis) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1967|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Ant (Anthony Steven Kalloniatis) is an American comedian, actor, producer, writer, and television host, best known for being a contestant on Last Comic Standing TV reality competition in 2004 and 2005, as well as being a TV host of the reality series Celebrity Fit Club for 6 seasons spanning from 2005 to 2010. He became well known after starring in a VH1 reality TV competition titled Celebracadabra (2008), which featured a mix of magicians and celebrities, as well as having his own TV series on MTV Network’s Logo cable channel titled U.S. of Ant (2006).
He released 2 comedy, non-music albums on CD and DVD in 2004 and 2006, and later starred in a CBS’ hit show The Middle in 2011 alongside Patricia Richardson. Anthony was a regular guest on The Tyra Banks Show from 2006 to 2009, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno from 2004 to 2006 and on the talk show The Howard Stern Show. Ant created and lead a comedy blog he titled The ANT Colony, where he did daily video blogs to help people interested in the comedy gain necessary knowledge and motivation.
Anthony Steven Kalloniatis
Tony, Ant Comic, Ant
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He attended Londonderry High School in Londonderry, New Hampshire, United States. Ant then went to the University of New Hampshire but dropped out after only one semester in 1986.
Comedian, Actor, TV Host
- Father – Lee
- Mother – Maria
- Siblings – Andrea (Sister), Althea (Sister), Frank (Brother)
Ant doesn’t have a manager and is legally represented by Nelson, Guggenheim & Felker in the United States.
Comedy Central Records
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ant has dated –
- Richard P. Scofield (2004-2008) – Ant never specified when he started dating Richard, but they got married on August 28, 2004. The pair enjoyed a fruitful marriage until November 18, 2008, when Richard’s untimely death ended their happiness.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Greek descent.
As a sign of advancing age, his hair turned ‘Salt and Pepper’.
- Very short or bald haircut
- Short, muscular physique
- Stubble facial hair
- Bright, white teeth
He became a spokesman for the brand Nutrisystem in January 2007 after losing 43 lbs on their diet program.
He was raised Greek Orthodox but follows Taoism, Scientology, Hinduism, and Spiritualism.
Best Known For
- Starring in the Warner Bros’ TV series Unhappily Ever After from 1995 to 1997 as Barry
- Playing the role of Tre in Twin Falls Idaho, Gay Man in The Underground Comedy Movie, and Kenny in Angels, Baby! in 1999
- Being a contestant on Last Comic Standing in season 2 and 3, in 2004 and 2005
- Hosting Celebrity Fit Club on VH1 for 6 seasons between January 9, 2005, and April 5, 2010
- Having his own TV series titled U.S. of Ant that premiered on the Logo cable channel in 2006
He released his debut non-music, comedy album Follow My A*s on CD under Comedy Central Records in 2004.
He made his first film appearance in an independent film titled Casa Hollywood in 1996, where he was credited as Hollywood Kid.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on Unhappily Ever After as Barry in 1995.
Ant shared with his fans on Twitter that he started a ketogenic diet in July 2018 in order to lose weight and feel better. However, his carb cravings were very intense, so he couldn’t keep it up for a long period of time.
It is unlikely that he has a personal trainer, but it is obvious that he works out due to his short but muscular build.
Ant (Anthony Steven Kalloniatis) Favorite Things
- Actors – Penny Marshall, Madonna
- Activity – Dressing Up, Singing, Stand-Up Comedy
- Quote – “Miracles happen when fear isn’t looking.”
- Interests – Wildlife Rescue, AIDS Charities, Children’s Charities, LGBT Charities
- Sport – Soccer
Source – Twitter, Twitter, IMDb, Facebook
Ant (Anthony Steven Kalloniatis) Facts
- Anthony legally changed his name to Ant (he prefers it written as ANT) in 1993, and later trademarked it. It was reported on September 30, 2008, that he sued Ant & Dec, a well known British TV duo of presenters for using his name within the United States. The suit was dismissed in May 2010.
- Ant marked being 8 years sober in April of 2019. As an ex-addict, he created a podcast named Second Chances in order to help others deal with such problems in life. He hosted the podcast with a good friend of his, Greg Baldwin, and they’ve interviewed both celebrities and average people, which often resulted in inspiring and hilarious stories.
- Ant appeared on 2 episodes of The Doctors TV show in 2017 to talk about deadly addictions and give advice based on his experience.
- Anthony was born in Boston, Massachusetts, but grew up in New Hampshire, and moved to Los Angeles, California in 1986 to pursue a comedy career. He started performing in various comedy clubs across the United States in 1991.
- A large part of the audience considers his role of a naughty paramedic in Another Gay Movie (2006) as his rise to fame.
- He had a notable appearance as a contestant on NBC’s Last Comic Standing competition from 2003 to 2007. Out of 10,000 stand-up comedians that tried out, Ant reached semi-finals but it wasn’t until 2nd season that he was the 6th runner up. In season 3, the format changed, and season 1 had to battle season 2, after which Ant went on to beat everyone head-on, and win the competition.
- One of his worst fears was uncovered in 1997, during the time he participated on CelebraCadabra TV show. It was revealed that Ant is incredibly scared of clowns, and refused to look anyone dressed as clown straight-on.
- Comedy-musical film Sister Mary (2011) featured Ant in a prominent role of Agent Peccant. The movie followed a homophobic detective played by James Vallo having to partner up with a gay and flamboyant gay detective played by Shawn Quinlan, with the help of Ant’s character, all in order to stop a nun who is a serial killer.
- Ant appeared in a sketch comedy TV show on MTV titled Short Circuitz alongside Snoop Dogg in 2007.
- He was interested in politics and was known to share his opinion on Twitter about changes within America and its leading politicians in 2018 and 2019.
- During his appearance on The Tyra Banks Show from 2006 to 2009, Ant revealed that he was a sp*rm donor and that he has 2 biological children. He donated his sp*erm to 2 married couples that had trouble having children and viewed this act as a great gift to couples in a hard situation.
- Ant was a guest on the Jimmy & Sarah on the Sunset Trip podcast on September 20, 2018.
- He starred and was a commentator on a TV show titled But Can They Sing? in 2005.
- ANT released his 2nd non-music album that was a live DVD concert film titled ANT: America’s Ready on February 14, 2006.
- Visit his official websites @ www.antcomic.com, www.ant.tv, and www.theant.com.
- Follow him on Facebook and Twitter.
Featured Image by Ant / Twitter