|Anthony Tata Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 7, 1959|
Anthony Tata is an American retired United States Army officer, author, and government official who served in the United States Army from 1981 to 2009. From 2013 to 2015, he served as Secretary of Transportation of North Carolina under Governor Pat McCrory. President Donald Trump nominated Anthony Tata to the post of Under Secretary of Defense for Policy on April 23, 2020.
Anthony Jean Tata
A. J. Tata
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Anthony Tata attended the United States Military Academy (USMA; also known metonymically as West Point or simply as Army), a United States service academy situated in West Point, New York. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1981 and went on to choose Infantry as his branch of service.
Later on, he received a Master of Arts degree in International Relations from the Catholic University of America (CUA), a private Catholic research university which is a pontifical university of the Catholic Church in the United States and is located in Washington, D.C.
Additionally, Anthony Tata graduated from the U.S. Army’s Ranger School as well as earned a master’s degree in Military Art and Science from the School of Advanced Military Studies (one of four United States Army schools that make up the United States Army Command and General Staff College (CGSC) at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas).
Retired United States Army Officer, Author, Government Official
- Father – Robert Tata (January 27, 1930 – June 11, 2021) (Politician, A Republican who served as a member of the Virginia House of Delegates from 1984 to 2014, representing the 85th district in Virginia Beach)
- Mother – Martha Jeraldine “Jerry” Morris Tata
- Siblings – Robert M. Tata (Older Brother) (Attended the United States Naval Academy and went on to become a captain in the United States Naval Reserve, Lawyer), Kendall Tata (Sister) (A Virginia Beach high school teacher, Track coach)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anthony Tata has dated –
- Tracy Lynn Burt (1983-1993) – He tied the knot with his first wife Tracy Lynn Burt on July 16, 1983. The duo later decided to part ways and got divorced in April 1993. It was later reported that he had extramarital affairs in 1985 and 1992 while he was still married to Tracy.
- He then got married for 2nd time but this marriage also ended.
- Jodi Amanda (2015-Present) – He married Jodi Amanda (his 3rd wife) in the year 2015.
Note – Anthony Tata has 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Anthony Tata is of Italian descent.
Salt and Pepper
Anthony Tata Facts
- He started serving in the United States Army in 1981 and retired in 2009 with the rank of brigadier general.
- Anthony Tata was honored with the Distinguished Service Medal after his retirement in June 2009.
- From 2009 to 2010, he served as the Chief Operating Officer of the District of Columbia Public Schools.
- In 2017 and 2018, he made many false claims against President Barack Obama such as that he was a “Muslim” and a “terrorist leader”.
- He was appointed to the Pentagon in a senior civilian advisory role to Defense Secretary Mark Esper in 2020.
- Anthony Tata has served as a brigade commander in the 101st Airborne Division.
- He previously served as a National Security Fellow at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
- Tata has authored many books and series including the Threat series (consists of Book I, Sudden Threat (2009), Book II, Rogue Threat (2009), Book III, Hidden Threat (2011), and Book IV, Mortal Threat (2015)), Captain Jake Mahegan series (consists of Foreign and Domestic (2015), Three Minutes to Midnight (2016), Besieged (2017), Direct Fire (2017), Dark Winter (2018), and Double Crossfire (2019)), and the Reaper series.
- His book titled Besieged which was released in 2017 was named as one of the “Top 10 Thriller/Mystery of 2017” by Publishers Weekly.
Featured Image by JoAnne Sorrentino / U.S. Federal Government / Public Domain