|Ashleigh Ball Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|March 31, 1983
Ashleigh Ball is an established Canadian voice actress, actress, and musician who is well known for lending her voice to many toyetic films and TV shows like My Little Pony, Johnny Test, Bratz, and the Barbie series of films. She is also the lead singer and founding member of the band Hey Ocean!. Ashleigh is mostly known for voicing the animated characters of “Applejack” and “Rainbow Dash” on the show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. She is an avid social media user.
Ashleigh Adele Ball
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Ashleigh graduated from the Canadian College of Performing Arts.
Actress, Voice Actress, Musician
- Father – Pete Ball
- Mother – Adele Laker-Ball
- Siblings – Melissa Ball (Sister), Nat Ball (Younger Sister)
Ashleigh is represented by –
- Julie of Freshly Pressed PR
- Adam Kreeft of Paquin Artists Agency
- Savannah of Tiny Kingdom Music
Vocals, Flute, Glockenspiel
As a member of the band Hey Ocean!, she has released her music with record labels Nettwerk Productions, Universal Music Group, and Pop Machine.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ashleigh has dated –
- Dustin Appleton – Ashleigh is dating a person named Dustin Appleton. The couple can be seen together in pictures dating back to 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
- Lending her voice to the characters Applejack and Rainbow Dash in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. She has also lent her voice to the toyetic series of movies and shows from My Little Pony: The Movie (2017) and My Little Pony: Equestria Girls (2013 & 2014)
- Being cast as a voice actor in Johnny Test (2005-2014), Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures (2010-2015), and Superbook
- Winning several awards including the BTVA People’s Choice Voice Acting Award for “Best Vocal Ensemble in a Television Series – Comedy/Musical” in 2015
- Being the lead singer of the indie, alternative rock, and synthpop band Hey Ocean! alongside guitarist David Beckingham and bassist David Vertesi
As a member of the band Hey Ocean!, she contributed her vocals to the release of their debut album Stop Looking Like Music in 2006. The album consisted of 11 tracks such as Beg Your Pardon, Thank You Very Much, Wise, and Eskimo Kisses.
She made her theatrical film debut as Terri Murphy in Henchmen in 2018.
As a voice actress, she made her theatrical film debut as Plum Pudding / Berrykin #2 in Strawberry Shortcake: The Glimmerberry Ball Movie in 2010.
First TV Show
Ashleigh made her first TV show appearance as Grubby in The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin in 1987.
As a voice actress, she made her TV show debut as the character Mouse in Big Bag in 1996.
Ashleigh prefers to ride her bicycle to go from place to place which is a great way to workout outside the gym and to develop, tone, and shape the lower part of the body.
Ashleigh Ball Favorite Things
- Place To Be – Swimming in the ocean
- My Little Pony Figurine – Applejack
Ashleigh Ball Facts
- She was born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Since, her childhood, Ashleigh has always been fond of ponies.
- In July 2017, she was featured in Beatroute Magazine for their “Local Music Swimsuit Edition”.
- In 2017, she released her first solo EP titled Gold In You.
- Most of the characters that she voices have a tomboyish appeal to them.
- The music that her band plays is inspired by electronic and R&B genres.
- In the past, while performing the cover of Jolene by Dolly Parton, she started to slip into the voice of the character Applejack.
- Ashleigh loves to drink her coffee with some honey mixed inside and enjoys swimming in the ocean.
- She often uses her turquoise-colored 1960s Raleigh Cruiser to commute from one place to another.
- In 2015, she started working with record producer Ajay Bhattacharyya.
- In 2013, she lent her voice to the character of Ellie Phillips in the game LEGO City Undercover.
- Visit her official website @ www.ashleighballmusic.com.
Featured Image by Ashleigh Ball / Instagram