|Fala Chen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 24, 1982|
Fala Chen is a Chinese-American actress and singer who is best known for portraying characters such as Tong Chi Yan in the drama TV series Heart of Greed (2007), Ching Ka-Man in the drama TV series Steps (2007), Gam Wing Hing in the drama TV series Moonlight Resonance (2008), Lau Ching in the period drama TV series No Regrets (2010), Ho Nin-hei in the drama TV series Triumph in the Skies II (2013), and Lee Yan in the historical romance TV series Sound of the Desert. She has also acted in films such as Turning Point (2009), 72 Tenants of Prosperity (2010), The Fortune Buddies (2011), Secret Treasure (2015), and Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021). An accomplished singer, she had released her debut solo studio album titled Beautiful Life in July 2012. Within a week of its release, the album had reached 1st place on HMV‘s ‘Asian Album Top Sales Chart’.
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Los Angeles, California, United States
She holds dual nationality.
Fala had graduated from high school within the top 10 of her cohort. She had then joined Emory University, a private research university in Atlanta, Georgia. She had graduated from the institution’s Goizueta Business School in May 2005 with a degree in marketing and international business.
Almost a decade later, in 2014, she had joined the Juilliard School, a private performing arts conservatory in New York City. She had graduated from there in May 2018 with a Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree in drama, becoming the first Chinese-American actor to do so.
- Father – Chen Fengsheng (Musician)
Stars Shine International (2010-2012)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Fala has dated –
- Daniel Sit (2008–2013) – Fala had married Hong Kong actor Daniel Sit in 2008. The couple had parted ways in 2013.
- Emmanuel Straschnov (2019-Present) – Fala had married French businessman Emmanuel Straschnov in 2019. They have a daughter together (b. February 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Chinese descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
She had served as the spokesperson for the American skincare brand Olay in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
Fala Chen Facts
- Her grandfather had named her ‘Fala’ which means a ‘musical note’.
- Born in Chengdu, China, her family had relocated to the United States when she was 14 years old. They had settled down in Atlanta, Georgia.
- During her college term breaks, she used to participate in several beauty pageants to pay off her tuition fees. She had won the ‘Miss New York Chinese’ title in 2004 which had given her the opportunity to represent New York at the 2005 ‘Miss Chinese International Pageant’. She had ended up as the 1st runner-up there.
- The feat had helped her kickstart her acting career, signing an 8-year contract with TVB, a broadcasting company in Hong Kong.
- In 2018, she had written, directed, and starred in a short film titled Passinger. The film was a finalist at the Sundance Film Festival: Hong Kong Short Film competition.
Featured Image by Fala Chen / Instagram