|Rambha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 5, 1976|
Rambha is an Indian actress who was one of the leading stars of the Indian film industry in the 1990s. She has predominantly worked in films made in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi, and Malayalam languages.
Vijayawada, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh, India
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Rambha had attended Atkinsons Senior Secondary School in her hometown of Vijayawada. She had dropped out at the age of 15 to pursue a career in acting.
- Father – Venkateshwara Rao
- Mother – Usharani Rao
- Siblings – P Srinivas Rao (Brother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rambha has dated –
- Indrakumar Pathmanathan (2010-Present) – Rambha had married a Canada-based Sri Lankan Tamil businessman named Indrakumar Pathmanathan on April 8, 2010, at Karnataka Kalyana Mandapam in Tirumala, a town in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. They have 3 children together – 2 daughters named Lavanya Pathmanathan (b. January 13, 2011) and Sasha Pathmanathan (b. March 30, 2015) and a son named Shivin Pathmanathan (b. September 23, 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Rambha has served as the brand ambassador for Kolors Health Care, a company based in Chennai.
She has also endorsed Magickwoods, a bathroom/kitchen manufacturing firm owned by her husband.
- When Rambha was in the 7th grade, she had portrayed the character of Ammavaru (Mother Goddess) in a play in her school’s annual day function. The event had, incidentally, been attended by a veteran film director named Hariharan. As he was impressed by Rambha’s performance, he had asked her parents to stay in touch with him.
- Hariharan had then cast her in the role of Thangamani, the female lead, in the 1992 Malayalam film Sargam. She was about 16 years old when the film was released. She had initially taken the screen name ‘Amrutha’ which she had later changed to ‘Rambha’ after the name of the character that she had portrayed in her Telugu debut movie Aa Okkati Adakku (1992). The latter film had performed well at the box office which had helped her receive several films offers from different film industries across India.
- In 2003, she had tried to start a career as a film producer. She had co-produced, with her brother, a Tamil language action-adventure film called Three Roses (2003). She had also co-starred in the film, alongside Jyothika and Laila. The film had bombed at the box office after which Rambha had fallen heavily into debt. She was forced to sell her house at Mount Road in Chennai to pay off all her debts. Around this time, she had also been involved in a case where an allegation was made against her that a cheque that she had given to one of the financiers of the movie had bounced.
- After her marriage in 2010, she had given up acting in films and had shifted to Toronto with him. This was caused by a lack of meaningful roles for actresses her age in Indian films, across industries, at that time, as well as a desire to focus on family life.
Featured Image by Rambha / Instagram