|Jyothika Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||October 18, 1977|
Jyothika is an Indian actress who has appeared in Telugu, Hindi, Kannada, and Malayalam language films. However, she is prominently known for her contribution to the Tamil film industry. She has appeared in a number of hit films including Kushi (2000), Chandramukhi (2005), Mozhi (2007), and 36 Vayadhinile (2015).
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Jyothika studied at the Learner’s Academy in Mumbai. Later, she graduated from Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science & Amruthben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics with a major in Psychology.
- Father – Chander Sadanah (Film Producer)
- Mother – Seema Sadanah
- Siblings – Roshini Sadanah (Sister), Suraj Sadanah (Brother) (Assistant Film Director)
- Others – Nagma (Half-Sister) (Actress, Politician), Rajkumari Goel (Paternal Aunt), Devendra Goel (Paternal Uncle) (Director)
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jyothika has dated –
- Suriya (2001-Present) – Jyothika married actor, producer, and TV presenter Suriya on September 11, 2006. They have 2 children – a boy named Dev (b. June 7, 2010) and a girl named Diya (b. August 10, 2007). Since the couple first appeared together in the film Poovellam Kettuppar in 1999, they starred together in 6 other films Uyirile Kalanthathu (2000), Kaakha Kaakha (2003), Perazhagan (2004), Maayavi (2005), June R (2006), and Sillunu Oru Kaadhal (2006).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Punjabi heritage on her father’s side and Maharashtrian heritage on her mother’s side.
- Oval face shape
- Thick long hair
- Wears a bindi
- Prominent eyes
Jyothika has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- Nescafé Sunrise
- Shakti Masala
- Saravana Stores
- Gokul Santol
- Paragon Footwear
- Santoor Soap
Jyothika Favorite Things
Source – iFlickz.com
- She is close to her half-sister Nagma.
- Jyothika is a psychologist by profession.
- Her debut theatrical film appearance was as Pallavi Sinha alongside actor Akshaye Khanna in Doli Saja Ke Rakhna (1998).
- Her appearance in the film Kushi (2000) was when she got her breakthrough.
- Until 2019, one of the successful films of hers was Chandramukhi which featured her as the titular character alongside the legendary actor Rajinikanth.
- In the year 2005, she was presented with the prestigious “Kalaimamani Award” by the Tamil Nadu State Government.
- Jyothika was listed at 2nd place at by The Times Of India (Chennai) on their list of “Most Desirable married women of Kollywood” in 2015.
- In 2017, she received the JFW Award for “Most Successful Actress in South Film Industry.”
- She and actor, comedian, and TV presenter Vivekanandan were appointed by Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami as the face of Tamil Nadu’s campaign to free the state of its use of plastic in August 2018.
- In 2019, her brother worked as an assistant director to producer, director, and filmmaker Priyadarshan.
- She was chosen as the face of RmKV silk sarees and Wardrobe Hub, Chennai in the past.
- Jyothika is the first brand ambassador to be chosen by Zee Tamil. She is featured as the voice of channels multi-media campaign.
- Jyothika is Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan‘s favorite actress.
- Jyothika has been featured on the cover of various distinguished magazines such as JFW and South Scope.
- In February 2023, they adopted a dog named Kobe which they got from the Youth Organization in Defence of Animals (YODA).
- In March 2023, they purchased an apartment in Mumbai for INR 70 crore and shifted there because of their kids’ education. Both of their kids had taken admission in a school in Mumbai.
Featured Image By Jyothika / Instagram