|Aspen Ladd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1995|
Aspen Ladd is an American professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the bantamweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2017. As of February of 2021, she was ranked number 3 in the UFC bantamweight rankings. As of June of 2021, she was ranked number 10 in UFC women’s pound-for-pound rankings. Before joining UFC in 2017, she had put together an undefeated winning streak of 5–0 and was unbeaten in more than 2 years of competing in Invicta Fighting Championships, an American professional mixed martial arts promotion dedicated to women’s mixed martial arts. She holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Aspen Kohl Ladd
Folsom, Sacramento County, California, United States
El Dorado Hills, California, United States
Aspen, after her high school graduation, had briefly attended Folsom Lake College, a community college in her hometown of Folsom. She had dropped out to focus on her mixed martial arts career.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Mother – Kimberly Ladd
- Siblings – She has 3 brothers and 2 younger sisters.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aspen has dated –
- Jim West (2015-Present) – Aspen had started dating her coach Jim West since her professional debut in February 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Affable smile
Aspen Ladd Facts
- She had started her amateur career in March 2013 and by August 2014, she had amassed an 8-1 win-loss record. After this, she had signed up with Invicta FC to begin her professional career.
- In July 2016, at Invicta FC 18, she was scheduled to face Jessica Hoy. However, during the weigh-ins, she had missed weight and was 2.1 lbs over the bantamweight limit. She had chosen not to cut any extra weight and was consequently fined 25 percent of her purse, which went to Jessica. The bout had proceeded at a catchweight of 138.1 lbs and Aspen had won the fight via TKO in the 2nd round.
- In January 2017, at Invicta FC 21, she had competed in her last bout with Invicta FC. She had won the fight via unanimous decision, finishing her stint in the promotion with a 5-0 win-loss record. This was the first time in her professional career, though, that she had failed to finish her opponent.
- She was scheduled to make her UFC debut in July 2017, at The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale. However, her bout was canceled after she had fallen sick on the day of the event. She had eventually made her debut in October 2017 at UFC Fight Night 118. She had won the bout via TKO in the 2nd round.
- At the weigh-ins of her July 2019 bout at UFC Fight Night 155, it was noticed that she was trembling on the scale and experiencing pain. However, she was cleared by the California State Athletic Commission. She had lost the fight via technical knockout just 16 seconds into round one, a women’s bantamweight record at the time. After recording an unbeaten 8–0 winning streak in her professional career until then, this was her 1st defeat.
Featured Image by Aspen Ladd / Instagram