|Asuka Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1981|
Asuka is a Japanese professional wrestler known for her successful wrestling career under the popular wrestling promotion, WWE. She has done endorsement work for popular brands like Microsoft. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 400k followers on Twitter, and more than 300k followers on Facebook.
Asuka, Kana, Kana-hime, Ramen Woman, Skull Reaper Kana, Tomoe Gozen
Osaka, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Orlando, Florida, United States
Asuka went to the Osaka University of Arts Junior College. She later graduated from the university as well.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Asuka is signed up with WWE Inc.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Asuka has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘pink’, ‘blue’ or ‘green’.
- Dyes her hair in bright colors for her in-ring persona
- Short height
Asuka hasn’t appeared in any TV commercial. However, she has done endorsement work for Microsoft and as a part of the endorsement deal, she has had Xbox 360 logo on her wrestling gear.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Her successful professional wrestling career during which she has wrestled for popular promotions such as Pro Wrestling Wave, Wrestling New Classic, and Smash.
- Her successful stint with WWE during which she has wrestled for the RAW brand.
- Being one of the most popular Japanese wrestlers on the social media. She has more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
First WWE Match
In October 2015, she made her WWE in-ring debut in a match against Dana Brooke in NXT TakeOver: Respect event.
She hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
Asuka hasn’t made an appearance on any TV show yet.
Asuka regularly works out to maintain her high fitness standards. She regularly trains at the WWE Performance Center. Her fitness regime includes strength training exercises as well as core strengthening moves.
She relies on exercises such as rope jumping for her cardio requirements. Like many other established Japanese fighters, she has also made martial arts training an integral part of her fitness regime.
Asuka Favorite Things
- Wrestlers – Satoru Sayama, Keiji Mutoh, Antonio Inoki, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Nobuhiko Takada, Masakatsu Funaki, Akira Maeda, Volk Han, Minoru Suzuki
- Music Bands – Guns N’ Roses, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi
- Movies – The Godfather (1972), Gran Torino (2008), Platoon (1986), Dances with Wolves (1990)
- Video Games – Call of Duty game series
Source – Wikia
- Before her wrestling career took off, she used to work as a freelance video game journalist and graphic designer.
- When she started her wrestling career, she was trained by Yuki Ishikawa.
- She started her wrestling career in June 2004 in the all-female promotion, AtoZ.
- In March 2006, she announced that she was retiring from wrestling due to chronic nephritis, which is an inflammation of the kidneys. However, she managed to make her comeback in September 2007.
- During her brief retirement, she opened her own graphic design agency.
- While growing up, she participated in figure skating as well as badminton.
- She has opened her hair salon by the name of Another Heaven in Yokohama.
- She has contributed articles to the popular Xbox magazine.
- Asuka has worked on designing graphics for Nintendo DS and various other mobile applications.
- ‘Asu’ of her stage name translates to ‘to fly’ and ‘ka’ means ‘bird.’
- In January 2018, she managed to win the first-ever women’s Royal Rumble match. She was the 25th entry in the match and in the final stages of the match, she eliminated Nikki Bella and Ember Moon.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Paula Lively / Flickr / CC BY-2.0