Austin Chaprell Armacost
Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.
Leeds, Yorkshire, England
American and British
Austin graduated from Franklin Community High School, Johnson County, Indiana in 2006.
Austin stated that he started making a lot of money from the age of 16 (possibly through modeling) which was invested appropriately by his father to secure Austin’s future.
In a 2011 interview, Austin expressed interest in getting a college education in order to learn how to manage his wealth and investment properties without relying too much on his father and business partner. He did not mention again if he ever pursued this intention seriously.
Model, Reality TV Personality, Travel / Food Writer
- Father – James Scott Armacost (Businessman)
- Mother – Karen Armacost née Goen (Former Bookkeeper)
- Siblings – Brandon Armacost (Older Brother) (Engineer), Tyler Armacost (Older Brother) (Served in the US military, Deceased)
- Others – Courtney Lynn (Sister-in-law), James Armacost (Paternal Grandfather), Betty Armacost (Paternal Grandmother), Jack Goen (Maternal Grandfather), Pat Goen (Maternal Grandmother)
Craig Johnson-Pass, Unleashed PR, South Woodford, London
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Marc Jacobs (2008–2009) – Austin started dating world-famous fashion designer, Marc Jacobs at the peak of his modeling career in his late teens. He moved into his house, but Marc had very strict rules for letting Austin reside there. One of his instructions was not to bring back friends to his house. One day, Austin disregarded this rule and brought his friends home to Marc’s house after a few cocktails. This annoyed Marc enough to end his relationship abruptly with Austin and dislodge him out of his home forever.
- Jake Lees (2009–2016) – Austin stated that he met Jake Lees when he was 20 years old. Jake, as a former hospitality student, visited Indianapolis on a work placement for one year. The two men fell in love and Austin eventually flew back with Jake to his hometown Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England. He briefly lived in the home of Jake’s parents in Bolster Moor before the couple got married and got a place of their own. Over the years, Austin put in a lot of effort in getting the American government to grant a legal status to his same-sex marriage so he could sponsor his husband for American citizenship. Austin succeeded and during the entire process, Jake also appeared as his partner on some of the episodes of the American reality show The A-List: New York (2010–2011). After 8 years of marriage, the couple announced their amicable divorce because they drifted apart due to undisclosed reasons. While Austin decided to continue his stay in England, Jake decided to stay back in USA. Alongside his job in the hospitality industry, Jake works as a racing assistant to Freddy Niblack, an LGBT race car driver.
- Anthony James Hill (2015) – During his stay in the Celebrity Big Brother house in 2015, Austin became close friends with fellow reality TV personality James Hill. The two men shared a bed on the show and their conversations often turned flirtatious that made many viewers presume a budding romance in the making. However, once the show was over, Austin vehemently denied cheating on Jake with James. While the former Apprentice participant, James clarified he is absolutely straight. He continues to be good friends with Austin and confirmed he has never crossed the boundaries of friendship.
- Darren Banks (2016–Present) – Three months after his split from Jake Lees, Austin started dating NHS Business Architect Darren Banks aka Daz based in Leeds. He is very vocal about his love for him. Austin told Gay Star News in February 2018 that marriage between the two is inevitable, although he ruled out adopting or having kids. Both Darren and Austin are content to nurture their parenting instincts by indulging their nieces and nephews.
Race / Ethnicity
- Muscular build
- Usually sports a light beard and a mustache
- Big tattoos on both thighs and on both sides of his rib cage
- Print modeling for Prowler, a gay lifestyle store (2016).
- One of the celeb endorsers of REVIV health clinic (2017).
- Underwent a physical transformation to promote and endorse Forza weight loss supplements (2018).
Best Known For
- Being a cast member of Logo TV’s reality show based on the lives of gay and bisexual men called The A-List: New York from 2010 to 2011.
- Also gained major fame for being one of the housemates in the 16th season of Celebrity Big Brother in 2015 and finished in second place.
First TV Show
From 2010 to 2011, Austin appeared on the reality show The A-List: New York.
- Austin frequently trains under the supervision of Mubeen Khan at Virgin Active health club in Leeds.
- He has formerly admitted his tendency to get overweight by 8-10 kg / 20 lbs, but he would rather embrace his healthier self than resort to extreme dieting or steroids to look exceptionally fit.
- After his divorce, Austin gained weight due to comfort eating that also caused him to grow a prominent beer belly.
- With his personal trainer’s guidance, he did a sponsored physical transformation incorporating Forza supplements in his daily diet and lost about 12 kg bodyweight (from 91 kg to 79 kg) and 5 inches from his waistline (from 36 inches to 31 inches) in LESS than 3 months.
- To lose weight and gain lean muscle, Austin committed to weight training in the morning and cardio in the afternoon.
- In terms of diet, Austin gave up on alcohol completely and started drinking 2 liters of water every day.
The following list shows a difference between Austin’s typical daily diet BEFORE he initiated his weight loss training against his REVISED healthy eating plan.
- Breakfast – Egg & bacon, white bread sandwich with ketchup
- Lunch – Cheese on Toast & Crisps
- Dinner – Macaroni Cheese with garlic bread
- Drinks – Diet Cola, Coffee with milk, orange juice
- Breakfast – Avocado on brown seeded toast with 2 poached eggs
- Snack – Blueberries and Greek yogurt
- Lunch – Sliced chicken breast with tomato and pesto salad combined with half a cup of cooked pasta.
- Before Training – 2 rice cakes with peanut butter & Forza Shake It Slim shake.
- After training – Pork Tenderloin with oven baked potato with 2 tablespoons of cream cheese and asparagus.
- Drinks – Fruit teas, water or fruit infused water.
The difference between his macros was as follows:
|410 grams Carbs
|164 grams Carbs
|110 grams FAT
|84 grams FAT
|109 grams Protein
|120 grams Protein
|34 grams Sugar
|37 grams Sugar
Austin Armacost Favorite Things
- Junk Food – Macaroni & Cheese
- NYC Hotels – Cooper Square Hotel, Hotel Gansevoort
- NYC Restaurant – Elmo in Chelsea
- NYC Bars – Therapy at Hell’s Kitchen, Boxers Gay Sports Bar
- NYC Place For Sights / Activity – Soho in Manhattan
- Country – United Kingdom
- About His Hometown Franklin – Austin loves the local sense of community and reliability
- Dining Style – Korean BBQ
- Pride Experience / Location – Chicago
- Holiday Destination – Pattaya, Thailand
- Place In Thailand – The Woodlands Resort
- Destination For Short Getaway – Palm Springs, California
- Gay Club – Abbey, West Hollywood
- Food Indulgence – Pizza and Strongbow Dark Fruit Cider
Austin Armacost Facts
- Austin started his modeling career from the city of Chicago because unlike New York City which is very competitive and unfriendly, he finds the people of Chicago a lot more considerate.
- He also feels thankful for modeling due to which he started traveling internationally since the age of 18 and got to visit several different countries of varying cultures.
- He is very careful about his actions when he visits conservative countries where drugs and homosexuality are considered strictly illegal and immoral.
- Not only does he love traveling, but claims to be a very selfless traveling companion. He feels happy to give up his comfort to accommodate whoever he is traveling with. He particularly does not mind giving up his window seat on an airplane to sit in the middle for the comfort of another person.
- He is very comfortable getting cast in the reality shows because he does not regret speaking out things that should not be said in front of the camera in the name of entertainment. He is also self-secure to handle hate from the viewers.
- Austin describes his temperament as emotional and creative.
- After his divorce, Austin deemed himself ‘asexual’ which was blown out of proportion. He clarified that what he meant was that he wasn’t interested in no-strings-attached hook-ups or acquire casual s*x through dating apps.
- He has a reputation of being an exhibitionist. His major intention behind his nearly naked photoshoots is to shock people.
- In July 2012, Austin did a naked photoshoot on a staged runway for PETA’s anti-fur campaign.
- The most difficult part of Austin’s life was when he lost one of his brothers, Tyler in a car crash and soon after, his mother was sentenced to 6 years in prison for embezzling money from her former employer.
- He is a very enthusiastic LGBTQ activist and often contributes his time fundraising for HIV / AIDS.
- In December 2016, Austin shared his traumatic teenage experience of getting drugged and getting date raped by another HIV positive man in Chicago. He took a test for HIV but never followed up to find out the results. The fear and panic of that incident turned him towards alcohol and drug abuse. Years later, a friend convinced him to re-take the test which confirmed he was clean. His gratitude turned him towards promoting AIDS awareness.
- To find out more about the model turned reality star, follow him on Facebook / Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Austin Armacost / Instagram