In today’s time, more than 24 million Americans are suffering from autoimmune disease and the occurrence of disease is far more in women than men. Autoimmune disease has become a grave issue which needs to be resolved immediately.
Research shows that one out of ten diseases in USA occurs due to autoimmune disease. As a result of autoimmune disease, you might become victim of arthritis, type 2 diabetes, lupus, psoriasis, thyroid, or other terrible diseases.
What is Autoimmune Disease?
Autoimmune disease represents failure of your immune system, which actually protects your body against foreign attack of harmful viruses and bacteria. Your body produces antibiotics to combat against such foreign attacks. However, when your immune system fails to differentiate between your own organs and harmful external risks such as infection, toxin etc., you become victim of autoimmune disease.
Autoimmune disease makes your own immune system averse to your body organs and causes them to malfunction. Diverse factors such as toxic materials, harmful environmental radicals, infections, oxidative stress, fatty acid imbalance, food sensitivity etc. trigger autoimmune disease in you.
Symptoms of Autoimmune Diseases
There are diverse kinds of autoimmune diseases having different factors responsible for them. Let’s have a look at some of its common symptoms.
- You often experience pain your muscles, joints, and feel exhausted all the time.
- Your weight goes down and the pace of your heart beat becomes exceedingly high.
- Your skin becomes extremely sensitive and you often get rashes around your nose, hives, or cheeks. Dryness of eyes, skin, and mouth too are very common signs.
- You become overly sensitive towards cold and harsh weather. There might be numbness in your hands, feet, and legs.
- Women becoming victim of multiple miscarriages and blood clotting might be suffering from autoimmune disease.
Treatment With Foods
Foods provide best remedy for all kinds of diseases. Autoimmune disease diet program has put ten foods mainly under the category of sinister foods. If you remove these foods from your diet, you can get great relief in your symptoms of autoimmune disease.
Different foods such as legumes and lectins in grains trigger autoimmune disease in you. Besides that, mostly diseases take place due to flaw in your gut, so to permanently get rid of the disease, you need to treat your intestine.
Foods consumed by you shall be rich in diverse nutrients such as proteins, vitamins, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids, minerals, antioxidants etc. Food items of autoimmune diet will heal your gut, speed up your metabolism, and will heal problem areas of your gut.
Recommended Foods of Autoimmune Disease Diet
The diet program is composed of highly nutritious and healthy foods and recipes. With the help of program, you can tailor your own food chart based on your personal requirements and preferences.
Some of the recommended food items of plan are broccoli, mushrooms, kale, tempeh, avocado, ginger, raspberries, coconut, mango, bok choy, flaxseeds, quinoa, basmati rice, blueberries, banana etc.
Highlights of Autoimmune Disease Diet
Let’s have a look at some of the highlights of autoimmune disease diet program.
- You are recommended to consume bountiful of plant based foods. Animal foods are rich in bacteria, hormones, toxins, steroids, sodium, saturated fats, cholesterol etc. Consumption of these foods might cause a lot of inflammatory reactions in your body. If you consume dairy products, make sure they originate from grass-fed animals.
- Avoid consuming processed or refined foods having high content of sodium. These foods are dense in artificial salt which further is responsible for a lot of troubles such as high blood pressure, and other serious heart diseases. Plant based foods have good content of sodium which is sufficient to meet natural requirement of sodium in your body.
- The diet program insists on consumption of plenty of omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and phytochemicals. Consume ample vegetables such as collard, bok choy, arugula, kale, cabbage, radish, broccoli etc. in your diet.
- Sources of omega 3 fatty acids such as ground flax seeds, hemp seeds, tempeh, chia seeds, dark leafy vegetables, edamame etc. will effectively reduce inflammation in your body.
- Fasting based on water and juice can turn out to be very effective in thrusting toxins out from your body and thus causing weight loss in you and cutting reactions such as inflammation, agitation etc. from your body.
- Peanuts, wheat, soy, corns etc. are common foods towards which mostly people are sensitive. Consume diet excluding these food items from your diet and notice their impact. Abide by healthy diet regime without these foods for at least three months and then incorporate them one by one in your diet and notice whether your symptoms of disease reappear or not with their inclusion.
Benefits of Autoimmune Diet
Autoimmune diet has numerous benefits. Let’s have a look at some of them.
- Without prompting you to consume medicines or drugs having enormous side effects, autoimmune diet will cure your disease in the most natural way.
- As foods recommended in the program are nutrient dense, diet program will help you in attaining better and improved health.
- All the inflammatory and gastrointestinal infections will be treated by the diet program.
- Exclusive foods of diet program will detoxify your body by removing all the harmful toxins.
- There are myriad recipes in the program; you can easily follow the plan by learning these recipes.
- Healthy and nutritious foods of diet program will show positive impact on your body, as a result of which you will feel full of beans while going along with the program.
Drawbacks of Autoimmune Diet
Along-with several benefits, the diet program has some loopholes also, let’s find out what they are.
- The plan has not provided much information about nutrient density of foods.
- Recipes recommended in the program are very time taking.
- The plan being very restrictive has eliminated several food items, which might make the program quite unattractive to dieters.
Sample Meal Plan
Let’s have a look at one of the sample menu plans of the diet program.
You can have scrambled eggs, smoothie made up of half cup of frozen kale, one orange, half cup of blueberries etc. in your breakfast.
You can have red pepper sauce, nut based salad dressing, Mediterranean chickpeas patties, soup etc. in your lunch.
You can have ginger bok choy, cinnamon mashed sweet potatoes, fresh berries, almond lime sauce, coconut chicken etc. in your dinner.