|AZ Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 9, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
AZ is an American rapper and songwriter who has been a longtime friend and frequent music collaborator of East Coast rapper Nas. Alongside Nas, Foxy Brown, and Cormega, he has been the one-fourth of the hip hop supergroup The Firm. As a solo artist, he has released several albums and tracks like Doe or Die, 9 Lives, Undeniable, Doe or Die II, The Format, Pieces of a Man, A.W.O.L., Legendary, Aziatic, The Come Up, Problems, Take It Off, Save Them (ft. Raekwon and Prodigy), Found My Niche, Different, Feel My Pain, Gimme Yours (ft. Nas), and Red Magic. Moreover, AZ was named as the “Most Underrated [Rapper] of All Time” by the online magazine About.com and he was also included in the “Top 50 MCs of Our Time (1987-2007)” list, where he was reiterated as “arguably the most underrated lyricist ever.”
AZ, AZ the Visualiza, Sosa, The Rap James Bond
New York City, New York, United States
- Siblings – He has a sister.
East Coast Hip Hop, Mafioso Rap
Quiet Money, Real Talk, Koch, Noo Trybe Records, Virgin Records, EMI
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $10 Million.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
AZ has dated –
- Free Marie – He was romantically involved with media personality, television producer, choreographer, and philanthropist Free Marie (better known by her stage name: Free) in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and Hispanic)
AZ is of African-American descent on his mother’s side and has Dominican roots on his father’s side.
- He was raised in East New York, Brooklyn.
- When he was 12 years old, AZ began writing rap lyrics.
- He befriended rapper Nas in the early 1990s.
- On October 10, 1995, AZ released his first studio album Doe or Die and it peaked at #1 on the US Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums chart and at #15 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- With The Firm, he released the group’s debut studio album titled The Album on October 21, 1997, through Aftermath Entertainment and Interscope Records. It included songs like Executive Decision, Five Minutes to Flush, Hardcore, Firm Fiasco, I’m Leaving (ft. Noreaga), and Firm Biz (ft. Dawn Robinson). The album peaked at #1 on the US Billboard 200 chart as well as on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and was certified ‘Gold’ by Music Canada.
- AZ’s 7th studio album titled Undeniable was released on April 1, 2008, and it consisted of tracks such as Life on the Line, Fire, Undeniable, The Game Don’t Stop, and Dead End. The album was ranked at #9 on the US Hot Rap Albums chart, at #18 on the US Top Independent Albums chart, and at #24 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
Featured Image by Mika-photography / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0