|Bae Doona Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.25 in|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Bae Doona is a talented South Korean actress and photographer. She is known for her roles in Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, The Host, Air Doll, Cloud Atlas, Jupiter Ascending, The Ring Virus, Plum Blossom, Saving My Hubby, Sense8, and Kingdom. Bae Doona has appeared on the covers of many magazines like Elle, W magazine, Allure, Vogue, Numero, and High Cut, among others. She learned filmmaking and acting at the Konkuk University in Seoul. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 700k followers on Instagram.
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Bae Doona attended Konkuk University in Seoul honing the skills of filmmaking and acting as a part of the Department of Fine Arts.
Actress, Photographer, Former Catalog Model
- Father – Bae Jong Deok
- Mother – Kim Hwa-yeong (Stage Actress)
- Siblings – Bae Doo Han (Younger Brother)
Bae Doona is managed by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 7¼ in or 171 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bae Doona has dated –
- Jim Sturgess (2012-2015) – In 2012, Doona started dating English actor Jim Sturgess. The couple became close while doing promotion work for the film Cloud Atlas (2012). They were even spotted together at the Cannes Film Festival in 2014. They dated for almost 3 years before breaking up in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Rounded face
- Tends to keep bangs
Bae Doona has either promoted or done endorsement work for brands like –
- Armani Beauty
- Tiffany & Co.
Best Known For
Her acting abilities in Korean films like Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002) as Cha Young-mi and The Host (2006) as Park Nam-joo; Japanese films like Air Doll (2009) as Nozomi; and American films like Cloud Atlas (2012) as Sonmi~351/Tilda Ewing/Megan’s mom/Mexican woman and Jupiter Ascending (2015) as Razo
In 1999, she made her theatrical film debut in the Korean horror film The Ring Virus as Park Eun-suh.
First TV Show
In 1998, she made her TV show debut on the Korean romantic-drama series Angel’s Kiss.
Bae Doona Facts
- While in college, she was scouted by a modeling agency.
- In the past, she worked as a catalog model for COOL DOG.
- She has been featured on the covers of magazines like Elle (Korea), W magazine (Korea), Dazed (Korea), Allure (Korea), Vogue (Korea), Numero (Canada), InStyle (Korea), Prestige (Taiwan), and High Cut (Korea).
- Bae Doona became the brand ambassador for Louis Vuitton in 2016.
- Visit her official website @ www.doona.net.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by KIYOUNG KIM / Flickr / CC BY-2.0