|Barbara Eden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1931|
Barbara Eden is an American actress and singer who became globally popular due to her starring role of Jeannie in the sitcom I Dream of Jeannie (1965–1970), a performance for which she was nominated twice for a Golden Globe award. In a career that spanned 6 decades, she has worked in numerous films, TV series, and commercials. She was honored with a star on the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame’ in 1988.
Barbara Jean Morehead
Barbara Eden, Barbara Huffman, BJ
Tucson, Pima County, Arizona, United States
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Barbara had graduated, in 1949, from Abraham Lincoln High School, a public school in San Francisco. She had later studied theater, for one year, at City College of San Francisco, a public community college.
Besides that, she had studied singing at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, a private music school; and acting at the Elizabeth Holloway School of Theatre, again in San Francisco.
- Father – Hubert Henry Morehead
- Mother – Alice Mary Morehead (née Franklin)
- Others – Harrison Connor Huffman (Stepfather) (Telephone Lineman), Julie Ansara (Ex-Daughter-in-Law). She has a younger half-sister.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Barbara has dated –
- Mike Du Bell
- Barry Coe (1956)
- Michael Ansara (1957–1974) – Barbara had started dating stage, screen, and voice actor Michael Ansara in October 1957, and the couple got married on January 17, 1958. They had a son together named Matthew Ansara (Actor) (b. 1965). The couple had parted ways in May 1974. Matthew had died from a drug overdose in Monrovia, California, on June 25, 2001.
- Robert Vaughn (1958)
- John Marion (1961-1964)
- Charles Donald Fegert (1974–1983) – Barbara had started dating Charles Donald Fegert in 1974 and the couple got married on September 3, 1977. They got divorced in 1983.
- Jon Eicholtz (1989-Present) – Barbara began dating architect Jon Eicholtz in 1989. They got married on January 5, 1991, in a ceremony in San Francisco.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Petite frame
- Neck-length, wavy hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Barbara has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Christmas Seals (1966)
- Playtex bras (1978)
- L’Eggs pantyhose (1979-1983)
- Reliable Furniture Stores (1984)
- Golden Dip Sea Food (1986)
- Natural Source Vitamin E (1986)
- Old Navy clothing stores (1998)
- Lexus RX 300 (1998)
- Entenmann’s Bakery Products (2000)
- Guarantee Trust Life Insurance (2005-2007)
- One Reverse Mortgage (2012)
Barbara Eden Facts
- Barbara and her mother had moved to San Francisco from Arizona after her parents got divorced. She had started singing from an early age and used to perform with her church choir. In her teenage years, she began singing for local bands in nightclubs.
- At the age of just 16, she had become a member of Actor’s Equity, an American labor union that represents the live theatrical performance fraternity.
- She had won the title of ‘Miss San Francisco’ in 1951 under the name Barbara Huffman. She had, later, also participated in the ‘Miss California’ pageant.
- Her memoir, titled ‘Jeannie Out of the Bottle’, was released in April 2011, and had debuted at number 14 on ‘The New York Times Best Seller List’.
- In 1990, the University of West Los Angeles had conferred upon her an honorary Doctor of Laws degree.
Featured Image by Barbara Eden / Instagram