|Barış Arduç Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 9, 1987|
Barış Arduç is a Turkish actor who is best known for portraying the character of Ömer İplikçi in the romantic drama TV series Kiralık Aşk (2015–2017). For his work in the show, he had won an acting award at the Golden Butterfly TV Awards in both 2015 and 2016. He is also well recognized for playing the leading roles of Tekin Atan in the action-drama TV series Racon: Ailem İçin (2015) and Kuzgun Cebeci the romantic action-drama TV series Kuzgun. Besides, he has also acted in movies such as Deliha (2014) and Mutluluk Zamanı (2017).
Münsterlingen, Kreuzlingen, Thurgau, Switzerland
He holds dual nationality.
Barış, after his high school graduation, had earned a scholarship to join the sports academy of the Erciyes University in Kayseri, Turkey. He had, however, returned to İstanbul after a year as he had found it tough to adapt to the institution. He had undergone theatrical training at Sadri Alışık Theater in İstanbul.
- Father – Erol Arduç (Real Estate Agent)
- Mother – Gülay Arduç (Real Estate Agent)
- Siblings – Onur Arduc (Older Brother), Mert Arduc (Younger Brother)
- Others – Betal Özay (Brother-in-Law) (Actor), Onur Özay (Brother-in-Law)
He is represented by Ahmet Koraltürk, Booking Agent and Manager, Ahmet Koraltürk Talent Agency, Beşiktaş, İstanbul, Turkey.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Barış has dated –
- Gupse Özay (2014–Present) – Barış began dating Turkish actress and scriptwriter Gupse Özay in September 2014 when they were both shooting for the movie Deliha. The couple got married in July 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Albanian descent on his father’s side and Turkish descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, tousled hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a rugged beard
- Has his left arm and shoulder covered in tattoos
Barış has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Derimod (2015)
- Nike (2016) (Voice-over)
- Garanti Bank (2016-2017)
- New Balance (2018)
- Ford Focus (2018-2019)
In April 2020, he had been featured in an online marketing campaign for the internet domain registrar and web hosting company GoDaddy. The campaign was targeted towards Turkey and countries in the Middle East and North Africa.
Barış Arduç Facts
- Born and raised in Switzerland, Barış and his family had permanently moved to Turkey when he was 8 years old. There, he had studied in the Sakarya province and Gölcük district, but in 1999 when an earthquake had hit the latter region, his family had relocated to the city of Bolu. After he had completed his freshman year of high school, his family had moved again, this time to İstanbul.
- After he had dropped out of university in the first year, he had joined the Turkey Underwater Sports Federation as he was active in sports such as swimming and diving. Later, he had also worked as a lifeguard for nearly 8 years in Şile, a district of İstanbul.
- In May 2016, he was appointed as the ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ for the charitable foundation Life Without Cancer Society of Turkey.
- In March 2017, he was awarded the ‘Most Spoken of Man of the Year (2016)’ award by GQ Türkiye magazine.
Featured Image by Barış Arduç / Instagram