|Barış Yurtcu Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 19, 1983|
Barış Yurtcu is a Turkish singer, model, and multi-instrumentalist, best known as the lead vocalist of the Turkish pop-rock band, Kolpa. He co-founded the band in 2005 with Bora Yeter, who also sang and played bass guitar. They have released numerous studio albums such as Hayat Senin (2009), Yatağın Soğuk Tarafı (2012), and Aşk ve Hayat Hakkında (2014).
He attended a high school in Adana, Turkey.
Barış graduated with a Mechanical Engineering degree from the Yıldız Technical University in Istanbul, Turkey.
Singer, Multi-Instrumentalist, Model
- Mother – Melek Yurtcu
- Siblings – Deniz Yurtcu (Older Sister)
- Others – Canan İve (Sister-In-Law). He has 2 nephlings.
Barış Yurtcu, as part of his band Kolpa, is represented by Koşanadam (Manager) in Istanbul, Turkey.
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Drums
- Miracle Jobs (Passage Music) (Former)
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Barış Yurtcu has dated –
- Deniz Baysal (2017-Present) – He began dating an actress Deniz Baysal around January 2017 and got engaged to her on November 3, 2018. Barış went to great lengths to organize the engagement in secret and spent a lot of time on the phone. Deniz started suspecting he was hiding a malicious secret and almost broke up with him. The couple got married on September 6, 2019, in a coastal town named Çeşme, in Izmir, Turkey. He sang a song he wrote specifically for her titled Dalgalı Denizim (My Wavy Sea) at the wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
- Tall height
- Patchy beard
Barış Yurtcu has endorsed brands such as Puci Wedding Photography & Film.
Barış Yurtcu Favorite Things
- History Figure – 1st President of Turkey, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
- Singers – Freddie Mercury, Michael Jackson
- Restaurants – El Quim de la Boqueria in Barcelona, Spain, Yüzevler Kebap in Etiler, İstanbul, Turkey, Lacivert Restaurant in Anadolu Hisarı, Istanbul, Turkey
- Cafes – Hardrock Cafe in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Cocoon Club in Frankfurt, Germany, Vida Teras in Asmalımescid, İstanbul, Turkey
- Hotels – Hillside Beach Club in Fethiye, Muğla, Turkey, Maritim Parkhotel Mannheim in Mannheim, Germany, Gloria Golf Resort in Antalya, Turkey
- Quote – “The best way to not get your heart broken is to pretend you don’t have one.” – Charlie Sheen
- Personal Quote – “Dance first, think later.”
Source – Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Hurriyet
Barış Yurtcu Facts
- He co-founded the band Kolpa with people he attended the same high school with. They were in rival bands until they all traveled to Istanbul to enroll in universities, which brought them closer together.
- He goes to the gym regularly.
- Barış enjoys activities such as snowboarding, skiing, cycling, swimming, horse riding, windsurfing, diving, boxing, and playing pool and airsoft.
- He has a tattoo of the peace sign with wings below his left shoulder.
- Barış had dogs named Tarçın (Cinnamon) and Mia.
- The song Yatağın Soğuk Tarafı (The Cold Side of the Bed) from his band’s album of the same name released in 2012, won a Golden Butterfly Award for “Most Downloaded Group Song” the same year.
- In 2012, his band won the 2012 Turkcell Music Award for “Best Group.” They also won in the category of “Best Group” at the 2013 Golden Butterfly Awards.
- Barış enjoys watching soccer from the stadium seat more than on a television screen.
- He and Deniz appeared on the cover of the Turkish magazine Izmir in December 2019.
- Barış and Deniz like playing video games on a PlayStation console at home. They also have a ping-pong (table tennis) table set up in their yard.
Featured Image by Barış Yurtcu / Instagram