|Barun Sobti Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1984|
Barun Sobti is an Indian actor whose powerful performances in hit TV shows like Baat Hamari Pakki Hai and Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (2011-2012) have made him a household name. He has earned the title ‘Golden Boy of Television’ due to the unparalleled number of awards he has received as a TV star.
He has a home in Mumbai and also in Delhi.
He went to St. Mark’s School in Paschim Vihar, New Delhi and graduated from the University of Delhi.
- Father – Raj Sobti
- Mother – Veenu Sobti
- Siblings – Richa Arora (Sister)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Pashmeen Manchanda (2010-Present) – He married his childhood sweetheart, accountant Pashmeen Manchanda on December 12, 2010, in a Gurudwara. They have a daughter named Sifat. In April 2023, it was reported that the couple had welcomed a baby boy.
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair ‘dark brown’ and ‘light brown.’
- Tall stature
- Expressive eyes
- Wavy hair
He has endorsed several brands such as –
- Hero Honda
- Reliance BIG
- Asian Paints
Barun Sobti Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Japanese
- Food – Shukto, Biryani
- TV Shows – Homeland, MasterChef Australia, The Good Wife
- Footballers – Lionel Messi, Ryan Giggs
- Travel Destination – Russia
- Drink (Non-Alcoholic) – Orange juice
- Drink (Alcoholic) – Whisky
- Attitude To Life – It is our behavior and views that matter the most, and it is of utmost importance to be a good, caring human being.
Source – Instagram, IMDb, Telegraph India, Telly Chakkar
Barun Sobti Facts
- Sobti was born into a Punjabi family.
- He has been very close to his sister.
- When he was a child, his family would encourage him to play outdoors rather than be at home and watch TV. He was very active as a child and used to play a lot in a huge park in his colony in Delhi.
- He was an extremely mischievous kid in school landing in trouble all the time and his mother was called by the vice principal regularly.
- Barun has fond memories of his birthdays in his childhood when he used to go to school in colored clothes instead of the uniform and visit the temple along with his religious mother.
- He was working with a BPO in Delhi when his friends successfully motivated him to try acting instead, sensing he had great potential as an actor.
- The massive popularity of his show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (2011-2012) garnered him a huge female fan following. According to Barun, this never bothered his wife since he and Pashmeen have been more like friends than a couple, having been classmates in childhood.
- Barun was included in the “20 Most Intriguing People” list of People magazine (India) in 2012.
- He is not a party person.
- Every year on his birthday, his fans manage to find out his exact address and flood his doorstep with gifts, despite strict security at his residence.
Featured Image by Barun Sobti / Instagram