|Ryan Kelly Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 9, 1991|
Ryan Kelly is an American professional basketball player who is best known for having played for the Sun Rockers Shibuya of the B.League in Japan. He had played college basketball for Duke University and had also been a part of teams like Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles D-Fenders, Real Betis Energía Plus, Maine Red Claws, and Atlanta Hawks in the past. Ryan has played in tournaments like the NCAA championship and McDonald’s All-American.
Ryan Matthew Kelly
Carmel, New York, United States
In 2009, Ryan Kelly graduated from Ravenscroft School in Raleigh. He then got enrolment at Duke University in North Carolina from where he graduated in 2013.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Chris Kelly (Former Yale University Basketball Player)
- Mother – Doreen Kelly (Former Volleyball Player and School Head at Ravenscroft)
- Siblings – Sean Kelly (Younger Brother), Erin Kelly (Younger Sister)
- Others – Richard Casey (Maternal Grandfather) (Former Basketball Player), Ray Casey (Maternal Uncle) (Basketball Coach, and Former Player), Sean Casey (Maternal Uncle) (Basketball Coach, and Former Player)
Ryan Kelly is represented by Jeff Austin, Alex Saratsis, and Omar Wilkes. (via Real GM)
4 – Los Angeles Lakers
30 – Atlanta Hawks
34 – Duke Blue Devils
6 ft 11 in or 211 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Kelly has dated –
- Lindsay Cowher (2013-Present) – Ryan Kelly started dating football coach turned television analyst Bill Cowher’s daughter Lindsay Cowher while studying at the Ravenscroft School. Like Ryan, Lindsay was also in the high school basketball team. Ryan proposed to Lindsay just after graduating from Duke University and a month before NBA draft. In August 2014, they got married in a small ceremony which was attended by his former teammates from University. The wedding cake had Ryan dressed in his Laker’s jersey. The couple has a son and a daughter Tess Eden Kelly.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall Stature
- Medium Stubble Beard
Best Known For
Being signed up to the playing roster of NBA giant, Los Angeles Lakers.
First Basketball Match
Ryan Kelly made his professional debut in the 2013-2014 season for the Los Angeles D-Fenders in the NBA Development League.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of basketball matches, Ryan Kelly hasn’t appeared in any TV show.
Ryan Kelly Favorite Things
- Athlete – Tim Tebow
- TV Show – Seinfeld (1989-1998)
Source – GoDuke
Ryan Kelly Facts
- Ryan Kelly has a membership of the National Honor Society and is also on their honor roll.
- He managed to reach the semifinal round of the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- Kelly has passed the national Latin exams with magna cum laude distinction.
- When he finished his high school career in 2009, he was declared McDonald’s All-American and Jordan Brand All-American.
- Before the college basketball draft, he was placed at #17 by ESPN.com in the most promising picks. Scout.com had put him on #12.
- Ryan had an excellent college basketball career and was selected to the ACC All-Academic Team for all 4 years at Duke University.
- He has a membership of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
- In July 2014, he was re-signed by the Los Angeles Lakers on a two-year deal after releasing him as a restricted agent a month ago.
- Kelly has done volunteer work during the Special Olympics event held in Wake County, North Carolina.