|Bastian Schweinsteiger Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 1, 1984|
Bastian Schweinsteiger is a German former professional footballer who is best known for his career as a central midfielder with teams like Bayern Munich, Manchester United, TSV 1860 Rosenheim, and Chicago Fire. He is considered as one of the greatest midfielders of all time and is known for his positioning, passing, and tactical awareness. Bastian used to play for the German national team from 2004 to 2016. In August 2016, he announced his retirement from international football. During the course of his career, he had won several tournaments such as Regionalliga Süd, UEFA Europa League, FA Cup, DFL-Supercup, UEFA Champions League, DFB-Pokal, and has been the recipient of honors like “Footballer of the Year in Germany”, Germany national team’s “Player of the Year”, and “Bambi Award”.
Basti, Schweini, midfield mastermind, midfield motor, the brain
Kolbermoor, West Germany
- Father – Alfred Schweinsteiger
- Mother – Monika Schweinsteiger
- Siblings – Tobias Schweinsteiger (Older Brother) (Retired Professional Footballer)
Schweinsteiger is signed with Robert Schneider.
6 ft or 183 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bastian Schweinsteiger dated –
- Sarah Brandner (2007-2014) – In 2007, Bastian started a relationship with the German model Sarah Brandner. The couple stayed together until 2014 when they broke up.
- Ana Ivanovic (2014-Present) – Bastian commenced dating the Serbian professional player, Ana Ivanovic in August 2014. In June 2015, both celebrities got engaged. They got married in Venice on July 12, 2016, and have 2 sons, born in 2018 and 2019. In February 2023, Ana announced that she was pregnant for the 3rd time.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde hair and green eyes
Schweinsteiger has been sponsored by Adidas, Funny-Frisch, and Beats By Dre.
He has also appeared in a TV advert for Clash of Kings, Boerse Stuttgart, and Right Guard Xtreme Activated.
Best Known For
Being one of the best midfielders in the world and for being selected as the 2013 best German player. Basti has won many titles in his career including UEFA Champions League title, FIFA World Cup, Bundesliga, and DFB-Pokal title.
First Football Match
Schweinsteiger debuted for Bayern Munich at the age of 18 in a UEFA Champions League match against RC Lens in November 2002.
He had his preseason debut on July 17, 2015, in a game against the Mexican team Club America.
On August 8, 2015, Schweinsteiger debuted in a competitive match for the “Red Devils” against Tottenham Hotspur.
In 2004, Schweini played his first official match for Germany against Hungary.
- Long powerful shots
- Playmaking skills
- Holding the ball
The player has no significant weaknesses.
First TV Show
As an actor, Bastian debuted as a “Player” in the comedy series GameStar: Die Redaktion in 2006 in just one episode.
Bastian Schweinsteiger Favorite Things
- Favorite Football Player – Frank Lampard
Source – Dailystar.co.uk
Bastian Schweinsteiger Facts
- On July 1, 1998, Basti joined the youth category of Bayern Munich.
- As a kid, he trained himself in football and ski racing.
- At the age of 18, Schweinsteiger was given a chance in the first team of Bayern after only two training sessions.
- Bastian penned his first professional contract with the Bundesliga team Bayern Munich in December 2002.
- He scored his first goal for Bayern in September 2003 in a match against VfL Wolfsburg.
- In December 2010, he extended his deal with Bayern Munich till 2016.
- Schweinsteiger was part of the Bayern’s squad which won the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and Champions League trophies in one season.
- On July 13, 2015, Bastian shifted to the English Premier League club Manchester United. He penned a three-year deal with them worth 9 million euros.
- Since his national team debut in 2004, he has appeared in 100+ matches for Germany.
- Schweinsteiger won the 2014 FIFA World Cup while playing for Germany.