|BC Jean Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1987|
BC Jean is an American singer, songwriter, and actor who gained popularity for writing and singing the song If I Were a Boy. Jean performed the song in 2008 and it gained global attention the same year in a version performed by Beyoncé. BC Jean’s discography also includes songs such as I’ll Survive You and Just a Guy.
Brittany Jean Carlson
Jean, BC Jean
Mercy Hospital, San Diego, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She went to a high school.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – John Carlson (Investment advisor who also played trumpet and piano)
- Mother – Lori Carlson (Talent Manager)
Pop-rock, soul, dance-pop, and Europop
Vocals and piano
RCA Records, J Records (Former)
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
BC Jean has dated –
- Mark Ballas (2012-Present) – Jean is married to Mark Ballas, a professional dancer and the Dancing with the Stars fame. After getting engaged on November 25, 2015, the couple had a Bohemian-style wedding on November 25, 2016, at the Calamigos Ranch in Malibu, California. In June 2023, it was revealed that they were expecting their first child together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned body structure
- Broad smile
Best Known For
Co-writing the song “If I Were A Boy” for Beyonce’s third studio album.
As a Singer
Jean has released songs like Just a Guy (2010), I’ll Survive You (2011), and many others.
First TV Show
Jean was first seen on the talk show The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as a musical guest in 2011.
BC Jean Favorite Things
- Music Artist – Janis Joplin, Stevie Wonder, Aerosmith, Alanis Morissette, Gwen Stefani
- Favorite Songs – Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt and Jagged Little Pill By Alanis Morissette
BC Jean Facts
- She comes from a family of musicians. Her grandparents were also amongst the known faces in the music industry who had been signed to RCA Records for more than 30 years.
- She is a member of an Indie duo band Alexander Jean with her husband Mark Ballas.
- She started writing songs at the early age of 14.
- At 15, she made her first stage appearance with her high school band at the Sahara Casino in Las Vegas.
- After she signed with J Records, Clive Davis, The CEO of Sony Music Entertainment, stated, “You eagerly wait for a multi-talented new artist to come along like BC Jean. We’re all really delighted that BC has chosen us as her musical home.”
- September 10, 2010, saw the release of her first single “Just a Guy”.
- Dabbing her acting skills, Jean has starred in 16 episodes as Harper Walker in the web series Talent which was produced by Alloy TV on YouTube in 2011.
- Jean believes that “The best songs come from the heart when it’s the most honest and the most raw.”
Featured Image by BC Jean / Instagram