|Benjamin Crump Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 10, 1969|
|Spouse||Genae Angelique Crump|
Benjamin Crump is an American nationwide attorney who is known by the black community as the “Black America’s attorney general” due to his work against the killings or injuries that led to protests against police brutality in the United States. His clientele includes the families of Winston Boogie Smith and Daunte Wright.
Benjamin Lloyd Crump
Lumberton, North Carolina, United States
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Benjamin attended South Plantation High School in Plantation, Florida. From there, he went on to study at Florida State University and graduated there with a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice in 1992, and further attained his Juris Doctor in 1995.
- Mother – Helen
- Siblings – Benjamin has nine siblings
- Others – He has step-siblings
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
96 kg or 211.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Benjamin has dated –
- Genae Angelique Crump – Benjamin is married to lawyer Genae Angelique Crump with whom he has a son named Brooklyn Zeta Crump.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- He sports a shaved head.
- Bulbous nose
Benjamin Crump Facts
- He was brought up in an extended family by his grandmother in Lumberton, North Carolina, which is located in Fort Bragg.
- Benjamin’s mother worked as a hotel maid and in a local Converse shoe factory.
- His mother educated him at a school in Florida where she resided with his step-father whom Benjamin considers his father.
- Benjamin is a lifetime member of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity.
- He is the founder of the National Law Firm.
- Benjamin is a supporter of The Democratic Party.
- He gained recognition nationwide as early as 2002, after being a legal representative for Genie McMeans, Jr. who was shot by a white state trooper. He has since gone on to represent several other families of victims including Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and Jacob Blake to name a few.
- Benjamin was featured on Time 100‘s “100 most influential people in the world”.
- He was featured in the April 2017, documentary of the American reality prime-time court show You the Jury.
Featured Image By Tony Webster / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0