|Bethany Joy Lenz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||April 2, 1981|
Bethany Joy Lenz is an American actress, singer-songwriter and filmmaker. She is best known for portraying the character of Haley James Scott on The WB/CW television drama One Tree Hill. She has also been one half of the folk musical duo, Everly. Some of her singles include God has a Plan for My Life, All Along, Something Familiar, I Want Something That I Want, How About You, and many more.
Bethany Joy Lenz
Hollywood, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Bethany attended the Eastern Christian High School and graduated in 1999. She later trained at the Dallas Young Actors Studio in Dallas, Texas.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Screenwriter, Jewelry Designer
- Father – Robert George Lenz (History Teacher, Therapist)
- Mother – Catharine Malcolm Holt Shepard (Personnel Manager, Entrepreneur)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Candace (Step-Sister), Sam (Step-Brother)
Bethany is represented by The Gersh Agency, Inc.
Folk Rock, Acoustic, Bluegrass, Pop Rock, Holiday, Pop
- Epic Records
- Hilasterion Records
- Victrola Records
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bethany has dated –
- Michael Galeotti (2005-2012) – Bethany first met Michael Galeotti in December 2005. The couple dated for almost 30 days and tied the knot on December 31, 2005. Their first child together, a girl named Maria Rose Galeotti was born in February 2011. They, however, separated 6 years later in 2012. Bethany announced their separation by writing a heartfelt post where she also revealed that she and Michael will remain friendly and dedicated to raising their beautiful daughter.
- Wes Ramsey (2012-2017) – Bethany began dating American actor Wes Ramsey in December 2012. After dating for almost 4 years, they parted ways in May 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German ancestry.
Light Brown (Natural)
Beauty mark above her lips
Bethany has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Swan’s Crossings dolls
- Dr. Pepper
Best Known For
- Playing Haley James Scott on The WB/CW television drama, One Tree Hill (2003-2012)
- Being a member of a former American folk musical duo, Everly
Bethany released her first studio album, Preincarnate in 2002.
She made her theatrical film debut in I Love You, I Love You Not in 1996 but her role was uncredited.
She made her credited theatrical film debut as Linda Halleck in the American horror film Thinner in 1996.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on Guiding Light as Michelle Bauer Santos / Teenage Reva Clone / Michelle Bauer in 1998.
Bethany keeps herself in shape by doing a lot of physical activity throughout the day. As per an interview, she revealed that she enjoys Pilates, a few minutes on the treadmill, free weights, dancing, and walking.
Bethany Joy Lenz Favorite Things
- Musicians – Sheryl Crow, U2, Coldplay
- TV Shows – Joan of Arcadia, Alias, I Love Lucy, Lost, Arrested Development, Friends
- Holiday – Christmas
- Food – Peanut Butter, Swiss Cheese, and Lettuce Sandwiches
- Car – Red ’57 Chevrolet pickup
Source – IMDb
Bethany Joy Lenz Facts
- The actress adopted the unusual spelling of her name in her teen years.
- She sang her first solo in Lakeland, Florida at the Carpenter’s Church when she was only 4.
- When she was 5 years old, she dreamt of being the Queen of England.
- Bethany got her first professional acting gig in a commercial for dolls from the teen drama series, Swans Crossing, while she was on a trip to Los Angeles.
- After working throughout her schooling years, she got the part of Linda Halleck in Stephen King’s body horror Thinner in sophomore year in high school.
- At the age of 17, she portrayed the character of the teenage clone of Reva Shayne on the CBS Daytime soap opera Guiding Light for 9 episodes.
- She shortly changed her surname to Galeotti after getting married but later took back her original name after she parted ways with her husband.
- In her free time, she likes to indulge in photography, painting, writing, horseback riding, knitting, and making stationery.
- Bethany is also active in charity and launched an online boutique by the name Lark to raise money for a charity in which every design was her original.
- Visit her official website @ modernvintagelife.com.
- Follow Bethany Joy Lenz on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Bethany Joy Lenz / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0