|Billy Zane Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0.5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 24, 1966|
Billy Zane is an American actor, painter, and producer who is better known for his villainous character as Caledon Hockley in the classic romantic-disaster film Titanic in 1997.
William George Zane Jr.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
He attended The American School in Switzerland (TASIS) and later went to Francis W. Parker School where he graduated. He also attended Harand Camp of the Theater Arts situated in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.
Actor, Painter, Producer
- Father – William George Zane, Sr.
- Mother – Thalia Zane (nee Colovos)
- Siblings – Lisa Zane (Older Sister) (Actress, Singer)
- Others – George Zanetakos (Paternal Grandfather), Vasiliki “Bessie” Manikas (Paternal Grandmother), George Peter Colovos (Maternal Grandfather), and Manica George Kanellokos (Maternal Grandmother)
Billy Zane is represented by –
- International Artists Management, Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, California, United States
Billy’s net worth has been $20 million as per CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 0.5 in or 184 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Billy Zane has dated –
- Lisa Collins (1989-1995) – Zane was married to actress Lisa Collins for 6 years from 1989 to 1995.
- Leonor Varela (1999) – He started a relationship with his Cleopatra co-star Leonor Varela and the two were engaged shortly after briefly dating.
- Kelly Brook (2004-2008) – He was engaged to British model-turned-actress Kelly Brook with whom he acted alongside in the film Survival Island. The couple broke up in April 2008 and reconciled again thereafter but had officially called it quits in August of the same year.
- Jasmina Hdagda (2010)
- Angela Lindvall
- Candice Neil – He’s engaged to model Candice Neil who also turns out to be the mother of his 2 daughters Ava Catherine (b. 2011) and Gia (b. 2014). Zane met Neil through a friend.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Greek descent.
- Greek Nose
- Tall Height
Billy Zane Facts
- He made his theatrical film debut in 2 screen roles in the science fiction films Back to the Future in 1985 and Critters in 1986. Around the same time, Zane made an appearance in the music video of Sheena Easton’s song Do It For Love. He reprised his role in the sequel movie Back to the Future Part II in 1989.
- In 1988, he played the role of Tony Gambini in an episode of the drama series Murder, She Wrote, where he acted alongside Jessica Fletcher.
- Zane gained international recognition for his villain role as Hughie Warriner in the thriller Dead Calm in 1989 alongside Nicole Kidman and Sam Neill. In that same year, he also appeared in the NBC film The Case of the Hillside Stranglers.
- In 1990, he landed his first major role in the independent, low-budget science-fiction thriller film Megaville.
- He slowly transitioned to television work and appeared as John Justice Wheeler in numerous episodes in David Lynch‘s hit show Twin Peaks in 1991.
- In 1992, he appeared in the film adaptation of Virginia Woolf’s novel Orlando alongside Tilda Swinton. A year after, he played the Shakespearean actor as “Mr. Fabian” in Tombstone and landed another starring role in Sniper where he played the character of a playboy named Harry.
- In 1998, Zane starred and produced I Woke Up Early the Day I Died, a silent film inspired by Ed Wood’s last script intended as a parody on bad filmmaking. Zane won numerous awards at the B-Movie Film Festival including “Best Movie” and “Best Actor” for this movie.
- As a voice actor, he lent his voice to John Rolfe in Disney’s Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World (1998) and voiced “Etrigan the Demon” in an episode of The New Batman Adventures (1998).
Featured Image by Tom Hiltz / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0