|Black Gryph0n Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|February 22, 1990
Black Gryph0n is an American singer, songwriter, voice actor, and graphic designer who is best known for his music-based self-titled YouTube channel where he has amassed more than 4 million subscribers. He had first come into the spotlight after he had composed original fan music for the 2010 kids’ animation movie My Little Pony. His channel’s content revolves around song covers, singing challenges, and voice impressions of musicians and actors. He is also popular on other social media platforms with more than 50k followers on both Twitter and Instagram. Black Gryph0n has also released original music professionally with the albums Shake That Thing!: East Coast Blues 1935-1953 (2006), IMmortal (2014), Mean Old Blues, 1943 – 1949 (2014), and Diamond (2019); and the EP American Dream (2015). He had created the theme song for the animated TV series Pac-Man and Ghostly Adventures (2013-2015) and lent his voice to the character of Becky the Loon in the popular 2016 animated film Finding Dory. As a graphic designer, he is known to create the cover art for most of his original songs.
Gabriel C. Brown
Annapolis, Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States
Tucson, Pima County, Arizona, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Voice Actor, Graphic Designer
- Siblings – Nathanael Brown aka Baasik (Brother) (Musician)
He is represented by NMC (Northern Music Company) Artist Management, Booking Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Musicals, Blues, Pop
- Black Gryph0n & Baasik
- JSP Records
- Interstate Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, spiked hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Black Gryph0n Facts
- He and his brother Nathanael, as children, had formed a musical duo known as Just Passin’ Through and had toured across the United States for more than 8 years, performing original music and classic songs’ covers.
- Black Gryph0n is a US Navy veteran who had joined the force when he was just 18 years old. He was getting trained for special operations when he broke his thigh bone during a skydiving session. The accident forced him to switch paths and pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
- He started his new pursuit with the US Navy itself as he made a move to their entertainment department and toured the world as a singer and musician for the US Navy. He had spent more than 3 years touring venues across the eastern hemisphere where he performed in 12 languages and earned 3 gold achievement medals as the lead singer for the 7th Fleet Band Orient Express.
- After getting discharged from the force, he had lived in Vancouver, Canada for a few years.
- An adventurous person by nature, his hobbies and interests include photography, sky diving, scuba diving, and rock climbing. He has also been trained as a PPG (Powered Paragliding) Pilot.
- He was nominated in the category of ‘Best YouTube Musician’ at the 12th annual Shorty Awards in 2020. The awards honor the best talent on social media platforms across multiple categories.
Featured Image by Black Gryph0n / Instagram