|Bo Derek Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1956|
Bo Derek is an American actress, model, and producer who is best remembered for playing Jenny Hanley in the s** comedy 10 (1979), Jane Parker in Tarzan, the Ape Man (1981), and Ayre MacGillivery in Bolero (1984). She has more than 60k followers on Twitter, more than 10k followers on Facebook, and more than 30k followers on Instagram.
Mary Cathleen Collins
Long Beach, California, United States
Santa Ynez, California, United States
Bo studied at the Narbonne High School and George S. Patton Continuation School in California. However, she dropped out of high school at the age of 16 after landing a film role.
Actress, Model, Producer
- Father – Paul Collins (Executive at the Hobie Cat Company)
- Mother – Norma Bass (née White) (Make-up Artist, Hairdresser to actress Ann-Margret)
- Siblings – Kerry Perez (Younger Sister). She has another younger sister and a younger brother.
- Others – Bobby Bass (Stepfather) (Actor, Stunt Performer)
Bo is represented by Celebrity Network Management located in Germany.
5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bo has dated –
- John Derek (1973-1998) – Bo got married to actor and director John Derek on June 10, 1976. He passed away from heart failure on May 22, 1998, at the age of 71.
- Kiefer Sutherland (2000)
- Paul McCartney – RUMOR
- Prince Albert of Monaco (2000)
- Ted Turner (2000)
- John Corbett (2002-Present) – The 10 actress has been in a longterm relationship with actor John Corbett since 2002.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German, Welsh, Irish, and Dutch ancestry.
Bo has endorsed the following brands –
- Bijan (1995) (Print Ads)
Bo Derek Favorite Things
- Prop Taken From A Set – Moose head from Northern Exposure (starring John Corbett)
- Food – Danish pancakes
- Vacation Spot – Home
Source – Architectural Digest, GroovyHistory.com, PageSix.com
Bo Derek Facts
- Her role as Jenny Hanley in the comedy film 10, wherein she is seen running in a flesh-colored swimsuit with cornrows, turned her into an instant s** symbol and pin-up girl. She beat contemporaries like Melanie Griffith and Heather Thomas for the part.
- In 2018, Bo adopted a German Shepherd dog and named him Aidan, after her boyfriend John Corbett’s character on Sex and the City.
- Her autobiography, Riding Lessons: Everything That Matters in Life I Learned from Horses was released in 2002.
- At the age of 16, Bo got s**ually involved with John Derek, who was 30 years older than her. The couple stayed in Germany till she reached the legal age of consent to prevent John from being prosecuted under California’s statutory r*pe laws.
- Bo has had a lifelong love for horses and has served as a commissioner of the California Horse Racing Board from 2008 to 2015.
- She launched her own line of animal care products called Bo Derek Pet Care in 2017.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0