|Bob Sinclar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9.75 in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1969|
Bob Sinclar is a French house music DJ, record producer, remixer, and a recording label owner of Yellow Productions that he founded in 1993 with DJ Yellow. He began DJing way back in the 1980s under the name “Chris the French Kiss”, but his style was more influenced by hip-hop and jazz music. It wasn’t until 1998 that he adopted the name of Bob Sinclar, based on the hero from Le Magnifique movie released in 1973, and started popularizing his unique touch to house music with heavy use of samples and disco strings.
He released his 1st album titled Paradise in 1998, and the next 3 followed quickly – Champs Elysées in 2000, III in 2003, and Western Dream in 2006. In-between those, he released his hit singles Love Generation (2005) in collaboration with Gary Pine, and World, Hold On (Children of the Sky) in 2006 featuring Steve Edwards, another well-known house music artist. In 2006, Bon Sinclar also won a TMF Award for “Best Dance International (Belgium)”, and a year later, on May 21, 2007, released his 4th album titled Soundz of Freedom.
Christophe Le Friant
Bob Sinclar, Chris the French Kiss, Desmond K
DJ, Record Producer, Remixer
Bob Sinclar is represented by –
- Finch & Partners in London, England, United Kingdom
- Yellow Productions in France
House, Reggae Fusion, Electro House, Dance, French House, Electronic, Hip House, Raggamuffin
Keyboards, DJ Controller, Turntable System, Rhythm Composer, Software
- Yellow Productions
- Armada Music
- Ministry of Sound Australia
5 ft 9.75 in or 177 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bob Sinclar has dated –
- Ingrid Sinclar – He hasn’t shared a lot about his relationship with Ingrid Sinclar, but Bob announced that he married Ingrid, his longtime girlfriend, at one point in the past. They have 2 children together, a daughter named Paloma Le Friant, and a son named Raphael Le Friant.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of French descent.
- Long hair
- Stubble or full beard facial hair
- Prominent nose
- Sculpted facial features
- Muscular physique
Best Known For
- Starting a record label and music video production company Yellow Productions with DJ Yellow, which signs upcoming DJs and artists
- Releasing his debut studio album Paradise (1998), and 2nd Champs Elysees (2000), with hit songs such as I Feel For You and Darlin
- Hit singles Love Generation (2005) and World Hold On (2006)
- In the House studio album from 2005 in collaboration with Martin Solveig, Loco Dice, Julien Sabre, The Mighty Bop, and other house music artists
Bob Sinclar’s debut album was titled Paradise, and released in 1998 under Yellow Productions record label. It contained 13 songs, among which some were featured with artists such as Karl the Voice, Lee A. Genesis, and Q-T Fingers.
He made his theatrical film debut as himself in the drama film Hey DJ in 2003.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as himself on Nulle part ailleurs in 2001.
Bob Sinclar Favorite Things
- Activity – Traveling, Parenting
- Hobby – Going To Sauna, Swimming, Football, Going To The Beach
- Designer – Karl Lagerfeld
Bob Sinclar Facts
- He had a very active radio show on Mixcloud, an online audio publication website. As of March 2019, 526 shows were published by him, typically in a duration of around 1 hour each.
- He described his musical style as “love, peace, and house music”.
- The equipment he uses is Roland TR-909 Rhythm Composer and Apogee Duet 2 Audio Interface, along with Sennheiser headphone models such as Adidas HD 25 Originals, Amperior, and HD8 DJ. As for his DJ setup, he was seen using Pioneer CDJ-1000 and CDJ-2000, along with Technics SL-1210MK2, Numark NS7III, and an M-Audio ProKeys Sono 61 digital piano.
- He has collaborated with Martin Solveig, a well-known DJ, on multiple occasions. In the House (2005) album was one of them, and Bob was also seen playing tennis against Martin in the music video for Martin’s song Hello in 2011.
- Bob helped launch Africanism All Stars, a project based in France, with the intention to help French DJs and mixers collaborate with African-based musicians, singers, and artists. The project was bought by Tommy Boy Records in 2005 for the United States only. Some of the artists and music groups involved were David Guetta, Tim Deluxe, Tony Allen, and Liquid People.
- He also created projects such as The Mighty Bop and Reminiscence Quartet. In the latter, it included an ensemble of musicians, and Bob used an alias of Desmond K during those performances.
- Bob Sinclar’s albums Born in 69 (2009), Disco Crash (2012), and Paris by Night (2013), as well as remix album Made in Jamaïca (2010), brought him worldwide recognition due to a very positive audience review, with some calling him a “DJ superstar”, alongside David Guetta.
- He had an important property stolen in July 2017, after thieves broke into his house in Ibiza and stole a MacBook Pro computer with his work files. He urged them to return the laptop to the Pacha Hotel in Ibiza because he had unfinished projects that were crucial to him, and that the laptop itself wasn’t important. Bob never clarified whether he got the laptop back, but said he suspected 2 people that rented the home when he was away touring.
- He collaborated on various hit songs with world-renowned artists and DJs such as Akon on Til the Sun Rise Up (2017), Sean Paul on Tik Tok (2010), as well as with Pitbull, Dragonfly, and Fatman Scoop on Rock The Boat in 2012.
- In 2018, Bob released a song titled What a Wonderful World in collaboration with DJ Axwell and Ron Carroll.
- Bob remixed a classic French song named C’est si bon in 2012. The song originates from 1947 – Andre Hornez wrote the lyrics, and Henri Betti composed music for it.
- He collaborated with a well known English singer and songwriter, Robbie Williams on a song titled Electrico Romantico, released on January 18, 2009.
- His song Feel the Vibe in collaboration with Dawn Tallman reached number 1 spot on the United States Billboard Dance Club Songs list in 2015. He was on the list 5 more times as of 2018 for his singles or album songs.
- Visit his official website @ www.bobsinclar.com.
- Follow his work on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, SoundCloud, and Mixcloud.
Featured Image by Bob Sinclar / Instagram