|Boris Becker Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1967|
Boris Becker is the legendary German former world no. 1 professional tennis player and entrepreneur. During his career, Boris won several Grand Slam singles titles, including 3 Wimbledon, 2 Australian Opens, and 1 US Open. He also has 13 Masters Series titles and an Olympic gold medal in doubles to his name.
Boris Franz Becker
Leimen, West Germany
London, England, United Kingdom
Boris Becker attended Helmholtz-Gymnasium in Heidelberg, Germany.
Former Professional Tennis Player, Entrepreneur
- Father – Karl-Heinz Becker (Architect)
- Mother – Elvira Becker
- Ion Țiriac
- Günther Bosch
- Bob Brett
- Mike Depalmer, Jr.
- Günter Bresnik
- Nick Bollettieri
Right-Handed (One-Handed Backhand)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Boris Becker has dated –
- Benedicte Courtin (1987)
- Cassandra Hepburn (1990-1993)
- Barbara Feltus (1993-2001) – They got married on December 17, 1993, and have 2 sons together named Noah Gabriel (b. January 18, 1994) and Elias Balthasar (b. September 4, 1999). The couple got divorced on January 15, 2001.
- Angela Ermakova (1999) – They have a daughter named Anna Ermakova (b. 2000).
- Sabrina Setlur (2001)
- Heydi Gómez (2001)
- Patrice Farameh (2002)
- Caroline Rocher (2003-2004)
- Sharlely Kersenberg (2005-2008)
- Annemarie Warnkross (2008)
- Lilly Kerssenberg (2009-2018) – They got married on June 12, 2009, and got divorced on May 8, 2018. They have a son named Amadeus Benedict Edley Luis Becker (b. February 10, 2010).
- Layla Powell (2019)
Race / Ethnicity
- French beard
- Tall height
Boris Becker has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Puma racquets
- Estusa racquets
Boris Becker Favorite Things
- Smell – Babies
- Book – The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Source – The Guardian
Boris Becker Facts
- At the age of 17, he became the first unseeded player to win the Wimbledon Singles final in 1985.
- He is happiest when he is with his family.
- His greatest fear is the thought of losing family members.
- His earliest memory was holding a tennis racket at the age of 3.
- The trait that he most deplores in others is being disrespectful.
- If he could have a superpower, it would be the ability to make the world a better place.
- The one feature that he most dislikes about his appearance is his crooked nose.
- In a movie based on his life, Steve McQueen would play him.
- His guiltiest pleasure is whiskey and a cigar after a long day.
- He would invite Sofia Vergara, Bill Clinton, and Angelina Jolie to his dream dinner party.
- The words or phrases that he most overuses are “See you tomorrow.”
- His biggest disappointment has been not winning any French Open championship.
- If he could edit his past, he would want a chance at winning the French Open.
- If he could go back in time, he would go back to times when there were no cars and people rode horse carriages.
- He considers being a father to a beautiful family and winning Wimbledon as his greatest achievement.
- The most important lesson life has taught him is that tomorrow is unpredictable.
- He retired from competitive tennis on June 25, 1999.
- In 1989, the ATP and the ITF voted him the “Player of the Year”.
- He has coached Novak Djokovic for 3 years, starting in December 2013.
- In 2000, he became the principal owner of the tennis division of Völkl Inc.
- In December 2022, Boris Becker was released from UK jail for deportation after he was imprisoned in relation to the 2017 bankruptcy case. In April 2022, Boris was jailed for two and a half years for going aginst insolvency laws by concealing loans and assets worth £2.5 million or $3.1 million in order to avoid paying debts.
Featured Image by Sven Mandel / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0