|Boy Abunda Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 29, 1955|
|Boyfriend||Elmer “Bong” Quintana|
Boy Abunda is a Filipino television host, talent manager, celebrity endorser, and publicist.
Eugenio Romerica Abunda Jr.
Tito Boy, Boy
Borongan, Samar, Philippines
Quezon City, Philippines
He attended Ateneo de Manila University.
Television Presenter, Publicist, Talent Manager, Newscaster, Doctor of Philosophy
He self-manages himself.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Boy Abunda has dated –
- Elmer “Bong” Quintana (1983-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Filipino descent.
Boy Abunda Facts
- He failed to finish college due to his father’s death and left school to work in odd jobs to support himself.
- Before fame, he worked as a stage actor at the Metropolitan Theater. There, he also worked as an assistant stage manager and later became the assistant of the theater’s administrator, Conchita “Tita Conching” Sunico, who also taught him public relations.
- He started managing singers and actresses after building his public relations firm called Backroom, Inc.
- Abunda was working as a public relations consultant for GMA Network when network executive Bobby Barreiro suggested to him to try hosting a TV show. He then became a host of Show and Tell with Gretchen Barretto and Startalk.
- In 1999, he transferred to GMA Network’s competitor ABS-CBN and started hosting several shows such as The Buzz, Private Conversations, Homeboy, Kontrobersyal, SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon, The Bottomline with Boy Abunda, and Bandila.
- He produced an album titled Melodic Conversations in the past.
- Although he’s a practicing Catholic and a Marian devotee, he is a supporter of LGBT rights and same-sex marriage, disagreeing with the church’s stand on homosexuality.
- Abunda denounced the 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting, an incident that has been recorded as one of the deadliest violence against the LGBT people in the United States history.
- On June 23, 2010, he worked as a part-time professor at Philippine Women’s University where he taught radio and television to communication arts students.
- In August 2014, he went on a hiatus for weeks. On September 7, 2014, he revealed in an interview with The Buzz that he had suffered from a medical condition in which 300 milliliters of abscess had been removed from his liver. Abunda was discharged on August 23, 2014.
Featured Image by Commission on Higher Education Region 1 / Wikimedia / Public Domain