|Boz Scaggs Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 8, 1944|
Boz Scaggs is an American singer, songwriter, and guitarist who rose to fame with the release of his 7th solo album titled Silk Degrees (1976). Then, he went on to release other hit albums titled Down Two Then Left, and Middle Man.
William Royce Scaggs
Canton, Ohio, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Boz studied at St. Mark’s School of Texas. After that, he went on to study at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist
- Father – Royce Scaggs (Traveling Salesman)
- Mother – Helen Scaggs
Rock, Blues Rock, Soft Rock, Jazz Rock
Boz has released his music with the record labels Concord Records, Columbia Records, Atlantic Records, Virgin Records, and 429 Records.
Boz Scaggs’s net worth was $40 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Boz Scaggs has dated –
- Donna Carmella Storniola (1973-1980) – Scaggs tied the knot with Donna Carmella Storniola in 1973, with whom he has 2 sons named Austin, a music journalist for Rolling Stone, and Oscar, who passed away in 1998 due to a heroin overdose. The couple had divorced in 1980. Donna sadly passed away in February 2017.
- Dominique Gioia (1992-Present) – Dominique Gioia and Boz married one another on July 17, 1992.
Race / Ethnicity
Boz Scaggs has English, some German, small amounts of Irish, Welsh, and Scottish ancestry.
Salt & Pepper
- His neat appearance
Boz Scaggs Facts
- Originally, Boz is from Plano, Texas, United States.
- His father was a traveling salesman.
- He and his family relocated to McAlester, Oklahoma, before moving again to Plano, Texas.
- Boz was just 12 years old when he started to learn to play the guitar.
- It was while Boz was attending St. Mark’s School that he met guitarist, singer, and songwriter Steven Haworth Miller and joined his band Marksmen as their vocalist. From there, he went on to play in various other bands including The Ardells and the Fabulous Knight Trains.
- He released his debut solo self-titled album in 1965.
- After having completed his schooling, Boz moved to Sweden to perform solely.
- The earliest post that Boz uploaded to his Instagram account was on March 14, 2018.
- Boz went on a hiatus from 1988 to 1994 returning with his album Some Change.
Featured Image By Carl Lender / Flickr / CC BY 2.0