|Brendan Brazier Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Former endurance athlete, author, and entrepreneur
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
As Brendan prefers to keep his private life away from the public glare, little is known about his love life and dating history.
In his August 2009 interview with No Meal Athlete, he did reveal that he is married and his wife also loves participating in marathons. It is not known whether he is still with that woman.
Race / Ethnicity
- Athletic body
Brendan has done promotional work for Sequel Naturals, who also happen to be the creators of his Vega protein powder and supplements. While he competed as
While he competed as an endurance athlete, he was also backed by Nature’s Path, an organic cereal producer.
Some of his other sponsors include
- Isaac Athletic shoes and clothing
- Saucony Casual clothing
- Of The Earth Casual shoes
- Shoes with Souls Yerba Mate
Best Known For
- Having won the Canadian 50k division of the Harriers Elk / Beaver National Ultramarathon Championships in 2003.
- Being the winner of the 50 km division of the Toronto Ultra Race in 2006.
- The popularity of his Vega range of protein supplements.
To say that Brendan loves running would be a big understatement. Even though he has retired, he still makes sure he is putting in miles in his legs. He usually prefers to run through Griffith Park or Will Rogers Park in LA.
He also likes to go out for a swim or when the mood takes over, he likes to cycle as well. When in California, he likes to go for hilly canyon cycling. When he is traveling, he relies on track workouts and fartlek running to keep himself fit.
Also, he is not averse to going for gym workouts. He likes lifting weights (especially when the focus is the lower body) and also incorporates bodyweight exercises such as pushups and pull-ups in his workout. In the gym, he also goes for CrossFit-style workouts once in a while.
Going by his Instagram feed, it seems he has taken a special liking to working out with boxing bag.
He starts his day with a protein smoothie that has a banana, pear (or blueberries), almonds and half a serving of Chocolate Vega Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer.
Overall, he tries to consume about 60 to 70 grams of protein daily. Apart from his breakfast smoothie, he gets most of his protein requirement from a big salad, which has lots of kale and spinach.
Brendan Brazier Favorite Things
- Food – Apples, hemp, mangoes, spinach and chlorella
- Inspirational Books – The China Study, A Whole New Mind and The Party’s Over
- Vancouver Activity – Going for park trails in Lynn Canyon Park
Source – Vegan Body Building, Mind Body Green, Mio Global
Brendan Brazier Facts
- Brendan started running training in 1989. He started cycling a year later and was training for swimming by 1992. About 6 years later, he became a professional triathlon athlete.
- He turned vegan at the age of 15 as he sought to speed up his recovery between workouts. He was on a plant-based diet at that time and always felt tired and hungry, which led to him switching to vegan diet.
- Since his retirement from endurance athletics, he has carved out a career as an inspirational and diet expert speaker and has given speeches at more than 50 universities.
- He created his famous Vega supplement powder in 2004 after collaborating with Charles Chang of Sequel Naturals. Brendan had been using same blended drink since the age of 15.
- He was voted in the list comprising of “25 Most Fascinating Vegetarians” in a special poll conducted by VegNews Magazine.
- The Natural Food Merchandiser included Brendan in the list featuring “Top 40 Under 40 most influential people in the health industry”.
- In his early days as an Ironman pro, he had to live in a shed in Victoria for 2 years, so he could train. Apparently, Victoria had milder winters than his hometown, thus, allowing him the opportunity to train for the complete year.
- Brendan also works with athletes and sportspersons from various sports including NBA, baseball, and triathlon. He has also worked as a personal trainer for Hollywood stars such as Hugh Jackman.
- Brendan has written a series of books under the Thrive title. In these books, he has discussed various fitness plans, vegan diet, and recipes.
- In his free time, he enjoys a host of outdoor activities such as hiking and paddleboarding.