|Brendan Penny Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 9, 1978|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Brendan Penny is a Canadian actor who is best known for his roles as A.J. Varland in Whistler, Kevin O’Brien in Chesapeake Shores, and Danny Newell in The Assistants. Apart from these, he has also been cast in several other shows and movies like John Tucker Must Die, BH90210, Motive, Held Hostage, Thomas Kinkade’s Home for Christmas, A Dash of Love, Poison Ivy: The Secret Society, The L Word, and Supernatural.
Brendan James Penny
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Brendan Penny studied at Fanshawe College located in London, Ontario, and graduated with a BS in Accounting. Afterward, he attended the Lyric School of Acting located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Brendan Penny is represented by Play Management, Inc., Talent Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Gray with a hint of blue
- Deep-set eyes
- Lean physique
Brendan Penny Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Ottawa and London, Ontario.
- Brendan Penny gained the spotlight with his portrayal of A.J. Varland in the thriller television drama, Whistler, whose cast also included actors Jesse Moss, Amanda Crew, Adam J. Harrington, Holly Dignard, Ingrid Kavelaars, and Christopher Shyer.
- In 2008, he played the role of Eugene in the Christmas biopic, Thomas Kinkade’s Christmas Cottage (a.k.a. Christmas Cottage), which starred Jared Padalecki, Peter O’Toole, Marcia Gay Harden, Aaron Ashmore, and Chelan Simmons.
- From 2009 to 2010, Brendan Penny appeared as Danny Newell, the most absent-minded assistant who often fumbles his duties, in the comedy television series, The Assistants. His co-stars on the shows were Britt Irvin, Meaghan Rath, Michael B. Jordan, and Zak Santiago.
- He has also been cast in the supporting role of Detective Brian Lucas in the police procedural crime drama television series, Motive. Regarding his role, he once said, “I normally play either deeply troubled people, or really, really nice people. This is my first time playing a detective, or anyone with authority, for that matter. It is also the first time I have had to remember technical dialogue on a regular basis, which can be challenging.”
- He has also brought to life the character of Kevin O’Brien, the older son of Mick and Megan who initially appears as a medic in the U.S. Army, in the Canadian/American drama television series, Chesapeake Shores.
Featured Image by Brendan Penny / Instagram