|Marcia Gay Harden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1959|
Marcia Gay Harden is a Tony and Academy award-nominated American actress who rose to fame with her portrayal of Verna Bernbaum in Miller’s Crossing. From there, she went on to star in several other well-known films and shows such as Used People (1992), The First Wives Club (1996), Flubber (1997), Mystic River (2003), American Gun (2005), The Mist (2007), and Into the Wild (2007), Code Black, and The Newsroom.
Marcia Gay Harden
La Jolla, California, United States
Marcia completed her schooling at Surrattsville High School in Clinton, Maryland.
She went on to enroll at the University of Texas at Austin from where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in theatre in 1976. Later, in 1988, Harden received a Master of Fine Arts from New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts.
- Father – Thad Harold Harden (b. 1932– d. 2002) (Officer in the United States Navy)
- Mother – Beverly Bushfield (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Thaddeus (Brother), She has 3 sisters.
Marcia is represented by ICM Partners, Framework Entertainment, and Schreck Rose.
Marcia Gay Harden’s net worth was $16 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marcia has dated –
- Morgan Freeman
- Thaddaeus Scheel (1996-2012) – Marcia met prop master Thaddaeus Scheel while working on the set of The Spitfire Grill in 1996. Together, they have 3 children – Eulala Grace Scheel (b. September 1998) and twins Julitta Dee Scheel and Hudson Harden Scheel (b. April 22, 2004). Despite being married for more than a decade, the couple decided to legally part ways in February 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
Marcia has English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry.
- Often plays conflicted, unsure characters who go through a radical change in their lives
Marcia has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- Help USA
Marcia Gay Harden Facts
- Marcia’s young nephew and niece were killed in a tragic fire on December 15, 2003. The deaths occurred when the Queens, New York, apartment, owned by her former sister-in-law, went up in flames after a lit candle fell on a sofa. She even lost her ex-sister-in-law who died from injuries she sustained in the fire.
- Marcia was in high school when she developed an interest in pottery. Her skills can be seen being used in her theatre work in Angels in America.
- In March 2005, Marcia was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame in Austin, Texas.
- Marcia had bought a property in Catskills and a townhouse in Harlem in the past. Later, she decided to sell her Harlem townhouse in 2012.
- Growing up, Marcia moved a lot with her family due to her father’s job. She has lived in several places across the world including Japan, Germany, Greece, California, and Maryland.
- She has a pet dog named Merlin.
- Marcia practices Ikebana which she learned from her mother who in turn learned it while living in Japan.
- In 2018, a memoir titled The Seasons of My Mother: A Memoir of Love, Family, and Flowers was published.
- She is close friends with Shohreh Aghdashloo.
Featured Image By Marcia Gay Harden / Instagram