|Marcia Gay Harden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1959|
Marcia Gay Harden is a Tony and Academy award-nominated American actress who rose to fame with her portrayal of Verna Bernbaum in Miller’s Crossing. From there, she went on to star in several other well-known films and shows such as Used People (1992), The First Wives Club (1996), Flubber (1997), Mystic River (2003), American Gun (2005), The Mist (2007), and Into the Wild (2007), Code Black, and The Newsroom.
Marcia Gay Harden
Marcia, Mutt (While growing up)
La Jolla, California, United States
Marcia completed her schooling at Surrattsville High School in Clinton, Maryland.
She went on to enroll at the University of Texas at Austin from where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in theatre in 1976. Later, in 1988, Harden received a Master of Fine Arts from New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts.
- Father – Thad Harold Harden (b. 1932– d. 2002) (Officer in the United States Navy)
- Mother – Beverly Bushfield (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Thaddeus (Brother), She has 3 sisters.
Marcia is represented by ICM Partners, Framework Entertainment, and Schreck Rose.
Marcia Gay Harden’s net worth was $16 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marcia has dated –
- Morgan Freeman
- Thaddaeus Scheel (1996-2012) – Marcia met prop master Thaddaeus Scheel while working on the set of The Spitfire Grill in 1996. Together, they have 3 children – Eulala Grace Scheel (b. September 1998) and twins Julitta Dee Scheel and Hudson Harden Scheel (b. April 22, 2004). Despite being married for more than a decade, the couple decided to legally part ways in February 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
Marcia has English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry.
- Often plays conflicted, unsure characters who go through a radical change in their lives
Marcia has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- Help USA
Marcia Gay Harden Facts
- Marcia’s young nephew and niece were killed in a tragic fire on December 15, 2003. The deaths occurred when the Queens, New York, apartment, owned by her former sister-in-law, went up in flames after a lit candle fell on a sofa. She even lost her ex-sister-in-law who died from injuries she sustained in the fire.
- Marcia was in high school when she developed an interest in pottery. Her skills can be seen being used in her theatre work in Angels in America.
- In March 2005, Marcia was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame in Austin, Texas.
- Marcia had bought a property in Catskills and a townhouse in Harlem in the past. Later, she decided to sell her Harlem townhouse in 2012.
- Growing up, Marcia moved a lot with her family due to her father’s job. She has lived in several places across the world including Japan, Germany, Greece, California, and Maryland.
- She has a pet dog named Merlin.
- Marcia practices Ikebana which she learned from her mother who in turn learned it while living in Japan.
- In 2018, a memoir titled The Seasons of My Mother: A Memoir of Love, Family, and Flowers was published.
- She is close friends with Shohreh Aghdashloo.
- Marcia makes a great jam from blueberries.
- Marcia also makes a mean zucchini bread.
- To clear her mind, she sometimes prefers to canoe down in the lake in the Catskill Mountains. Or, she also likes to collect sand dollars on the beach if in California.
- Her mother has influenced her life a lot in a positive way.
- Marcia once purchased 1929 Chris-Craft boat via cash and took it to the Erie Canal on a trip for 4 days.
- From an acorn shell, she can also blow a piercing whistle.
- If she wasn’t an actress, she would have been into pottery business.
- According to Marcia, she is not good at relaxing.
- If a movie is ever made on her life, she would want Melissa McCarthy to play her in that movie.
- For her, an ideal date night would be to have dinner at a new restaurant. After that, a small jazz or folk venue and finally watching stars in the sky while heading towards the car.
- She lives by this personal mantra, “You are what you think you are. Honor yourself and others will honor you.”
- Marcia loves rustic Adirondack style.
- At nighttime, she reads before sleeping.
- Swimming n*de is her guilty pleasure.
- She loves dancing.
- Italian actor Marcello Mastroianni once made grilled chops for her at his Paris home in his fireplace.
- She loves camping at national parks such as Yosemite, Grand Canyon, and Yellowstone.
- Marcia once watched the movie Patton (1970) at her father’s (who was in Navy) aircraft carrier. That was her most memorable movie experience.
Featured Image By Marcia Gay Harden / Instagram