|Brian Cox Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1946|
Brian Cox is a veteran Scottish actor who is best remembered for playing Argyle Wallace in Braveheart (1995) and media mogul Logan Roy in HBO’s award-winning series, Succession (2018-Present). He has more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Brian Denis Cox
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Brian was a student at St Mary’s Forebank Primary School and St Michael’s Junior Secondary School.
He graduated from the prestigious London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art in 1965.
Brian is represented by Conway Van Gelder Grant Ltd. in London.
Brian’s net worth was $15 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
His peak height was 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm.
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brian has dated –
- Lilian Monroe-Carr (1966-1967)
- Irina Brook – Brian was briefly engaged to Irina Brook in the past.
- Caroline Burt (1968-1986) – The acclaimed actor was married to actress Caroline Burt for 18 years from 1968 until 1986. Brian is the father of daughter Margaret Cox and son Alan Cox (b. August 6, 1970), who is also an actor.
- Nicole Ansari (2000-Present) – The Succession star tied the knot with Nicole Ansari in 2002. They welcomed 2 sons – Orson Cox on January 31, 2002, and Torin Cox in October 2004.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish descent on his father’s side and is of Scottish and Irish ancestry on his mother’s side.
However, his hair has turned ‘Gray’ due to his advancing age.
- Diminutive stature
- Wrinkles on his face
- Chin dimple
Brian Cox Favorite Things
- Beatles Song – Get Back (1969)
Source – BBC
Brian Cox Facts
- He turned down fan-favorite roles like Robert Baratheon (played by Mark Addy) in Game of Thrones and Alastor ‘Mad-Eye’ Moody (played by Brendan Gleeson) in the Harry Potter franchise.
- Brian based his character of Dr. Hannibal Lecktor in Manhunter (1986) on the real-life Scottish serial killer, Peter Manuel.
- He published his memoir, Putting the Rabbit in the Hat in January 2022.
Featured Image by Greg2600 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0