|Serena Williams Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1981|
Serena Williams is an American retired professional tennis player who has claimed the world’s no. 1 position in women’s singles tennis and has also won at least 23 Grand Slam singles titles, the most by any player in the Open Era. In 2011, she became one of UNICEF’s International Goodwill Ambassadors and released her solo autobiography On the Line after the 2009 US Open.
Serena Jameka Williams
Saginaw, Michigan, United States
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
She was homeschooled by her dad Richard.
When she was aged 9, she went to Rick Macci’s academy in West Palm Beach, Florida to sharpen her lawn tennis skills.
Retired Professional Tennis Player, Fashion Designer
- Father – Richard Williams (Tennis Coach)
- Mother – Oracene Price (Tennis Coach)
- Siblings – Venus Williams (Older Sister) (Tennis Player)
- Others – Yetunde Price (Older Half-Sister) (Murdered in 2003), Lyndrea Price (Older Half-Sister), Isha Price (Older Half-Sister)
Her career is managed by Jill Smoller of WME-IMG agency.
Serena is signed with Entertainment Booking Agency.
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
84 kg or 185 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Serena Williams has dated –
- Columbus Short – It was speculated that Serena dated the dancer and actor, Columbus Short, for a short period of time.
- LaVar Arrington (2001-2002) – She had a short-lived relationship with LaVar Arrington, a former football linebacker.
- Keyshawn Johnson (2002-2003) – From 2002 to 2003, she was romantically linked with the American football player, Keyshawn Johnson.
- Brett Ratner (2004-2006) – After splitting from Johnson, she started dating film director, Brett Ratner in 2004. The duo split in 2006.
- Corey Maggette (2004) – Former professional basketball player Corey Maggette had a fling with Serena in the year 2004.
- Common (2007-2010) – From 2007 to 2010, Serena and recording artist, Lonnie Rashid Lynn Jr. (better known as Common) were an item.
- Jackie Long (2007-2008) – Actor and musician Jackie Long went out with beautiful Serena from April 2007 to January 2008.
- Hosea Chanchez (2008) – In 2008, for a month (from March 2008 to April 2008), Williams dated actor Hosea Chanchez.
- Amar’e Stoudemire (2010) – So, after a break, she publicly dated with the basketball player, Amar’e Stoudemire from August 2010 to October 2010.
- Drake Graham (2010) – In 2010, she had a romantic relationship with Canadian rapper and singer-songwriter Drake Graham.
- Aubrey Graham (2011) – Canadian rapper, Aubrey Graham and Serena were RUMORed to be dating each other in 2011.
- Grigor Dimitrov (2012) – Bulgarian professional tennis player, Grigor Dimitrov had a fling with Serena in 2012. He is roughly 10 years her junior.
- Patrick Mouratoglou (2012-2015) – From June 2012 to August 2015, Serena dated her tennis coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, who is a French.
- Alexis Ohanian (2016-Present) – Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian and Serena announced their engagement on December 29, 2016. She has a child with Alexis, a daughter named, Alexis Olympia Ohanian, Jr. (b. September 1, 2017). On November 16, 2017, Serena and Alexis got married in New Orleans. Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland, and Kim Kardashian were present at her wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Muscular body
- Previously known for her unusual and colorful outfits on the tennis court
40-30-44 in or 102-76-112 cm
14 (US) or 46 (EU)
10 (US) or 7.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
Serena Williams has appeared in lots of TV commercials –
- McDonald’s (2002)
- Double-Mint Gum
- Cadbury’s Oreo (2009)
- Beats by Dre (2015)
She has also made appearances in print ads –
- Close-Up toothpaste (2003)
- Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.3 Tennis Racket (2000)
- Doublemint Chewing Gum (2003)
- Avon (2002)
- America’s Milk Processors’ got milk? (2005-2006)
- DayQuil & NyQuil Sinus by Vicks (2007)
- Tampax Pearl tampons (2009-2011)
- Wilson K Blade Racquet (2008)
- Sports Drink Gatorade (2010)
- O.P.I. Nail Polish (2011)
She has also endorsed Aston Martin, Pepsi, Berlei bras, Puma (in the early 2000s), Nike, Audemars Piguet, Delta Airlines, Chase Bank, Mission Athletecare, and many others.
She once said, “Olympia doesn’t celebrate birthdays. We’re Jehovah’s Witnesses, so we don’t do that.”
Best Known For
Staying at #1 (which she achieved in July 2002) in women’s singles tennis as per the Women’s Tennis Association.
- Strong Forehand Shot
- Double-Handed Backhand
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
Serena’s first win in the singles Grand Slams during the years –
- Australian Open – 2003
- French Open – 2002
- Wimbledon – 2002
- US Open – 1999
She portrayed the role of agent Ross in the 2004 comedy film Hair Show.
First TV Show
In 2001, she gave her voice to the animated sitcom The Simpsons during the episode entitled “Tennis the Menace.”
However, as an actress, her debut television appearance was in ABC’s black sitcom My Wife and Kids as Miss Wiggins in an episode entitled “Crouching Mother, Hidden Father” in 2002.
Serena doesn’t take cheat days because she just can’t. Her cheat days are actually “cheat months”. Her favorite food is Southern food. She never eats healthy, whenever she is in South Carolina.
But, she tries to eat mostly healthy stuff. She is also allergic to wheat. So, she does not eat such gluten-containing foods.
She does a variety of workouts to stay fit and maintain a curvier body. She basically does running for 10 minutes, followed by certain dance steps. She has also tried yoga and other fitness activities.
After a workout session, she eats a Gatorade bar to gain energy (carbs) and protein.
Serena Williams Favorite Things
- Food – Fried Hush Puppies, her mother’s chicken with rice and gravy
- Band – Green Day, Air Supply, Bon Jovi
- Singers – Mariah Carey, Brandy
- Movie – The Sound of Music (1965)
- Drink – Gatorade
- City – Rome
- Animal – Dog, tiger
- Water Sport – Tubing
- Color – Purple
- Author – Maya Angelou
Serena Williams Facts
- Serena has two dogs, named, Jackie and Laura.
- Serena commenced playing tennis at the age of 3.
- When she was a kid, her family relocated to Compton, California. When she was 9, her family shifted to Florida.
- She hates avocados.
- She was estimated to be earning $14 million in 2007 as per Forbes.
- Serena along with her older sister Venus founded The Venus and Serena Williams Tennis/Tutorial Academy.
- Apart from English, she can also speak French, Italian, and Spanish.
- Along with her sister Venus, she is the part-owner of the American football team, Miami Dolphins. She bought the stake in August 2009 and hence became the first African-American woman to have a share in an NFL franchise.
- She has also launched her own clothing line (being a fashion designer herself) called “Aneres,” which is actually her name spelled backward.
- Serena dreams of being on Broadway because she likes to dance and sing.
- She has been friends with Andy Roddick, Brandy Norwood, Kelly Rowland, Eva Longoria, Meghan Markle, and La La Anthony. She also attended the royal wedding of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry in a Gianni Versace dress.
- Other than tennis, she likes watching gymnastics.
- She is a huge Olympic pin collector.
- She feels lost while doing Zumba.
- During the 2020 US Open, she lost her ‘singles match’ against Victoria Azarenka during the semi-finals. At the time, she had the chance to win the record-equalling 24th Grand Slam singles title.
- In March 2021, Serena listed her Beverly Hills-based 6,000 square feet house for $7.5 million.
- In March 2021, Serena underwent oral surgery. Due to the surgery, she had to withdraw from the Miami Open tournament.
- Apart from Andreessen Horowitz, Jay-Z, and other investors, Serena had participated in the Series A funding round for the NFT marketplace, Bitski in May 2021. A total of $19 million were raised in the round.
- Serena had willingly not participated in the Summer Olympics 2021 held in Tokyo, Japan.
- In June 2021, she withdrew from 2021 Wimbledon after suffering an injury to her knee. In August 2021, it was revealed that she had also withdrawn from the 2021 US Open tennis tournament due to the injury.
- In June 2022, Serena lost her 1st round match of Wimbledon 2022 to Harmony Tan after a 3-hour-long match. Serena was wearing some black stickers on her face which were the strips of the Kinesio Tape (or KT Tape or Kinesiology Tape) to relieve some pressure from her nose area as she was suffering from sinus.
- In August 2022, Serena announced that she would be retiring from tennis after the U.S. Open 2022. She admitted that if she were a man, she would not have been retiring.
- Serena has won more than US$94 million as prize money in her career after turning pro in October 1995.