|Harmony Tan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Harmony Tan is a French professional tennis player who is adept at the singles format of the sport having been rated as high as world number 90 in April 2022 as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, she had reached the 4th round of the 2022 Wimbledon Championships; and the 2nd round of the 2021 French Open and the 2022 Australian Open. As of June 2022, she had won 8 singles titles and 1 doubles title on the ITF (International Tennis Federation) Women’s Circuit, a series of professional tennis tournaments run by the ITF for female professional tennis players that serve as a feeder system for the WTA Tour, a worldwide top-tier tennis tour for women organized by the WTA, the principal body of women’s professional tennis.
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Her father is an engineer.
- Mother – Her mother is a financial journalist.
- Siblings – Maxim Tan (Brother)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Chinese-Cambodian and Vietnamese descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
She has been sponsored by –
- New Balance (American sports footwear and apparel brand)
- Head Sport GmbH (American-Austrian sports equipment manufacturing company)
- Lacoste S.A. (French clothing/footwear and sportswear company)
Harmony Tan Facts
- Harmony had started playing tennis, with her brother, when she was 4 years old.
- Her hobbies/interests include surfing and playing the piano.
- In June 2022, at her first appearance in the main draw of the singles event at the Wimbledon Championships, ranked number 115 in the world, Harmony had upset 7-time champion, Serena Williams. The first-round match was decided in 3 sets with a super tiebreak (a super tiebreak is just like a regular tiebreaker in tennis, but played to 10 points instead of 7) with the score reading 7-5, 1-6, 7-6 (10-7). The match, the longest of the tournament until then, lasted 3 hours and 10 minutes.
- When she defeated Sara Sorribes Tormo 6-3, 6-4 in the next round of the tournament, she had reached the 3rd round of a Grand Slam tournament for the first time in her career.
- Due to the exhaustion caused by her grueling aforementioned match against Serena Williams, Harmony was forced to withdraw from the first round of the doubles event at that competition. This late withdrawal, only an hour before the match was scheduled, had irked her partner Tamara Korpatsch who publicly expressed her anger and disappointment at not being able to participate in what would have been her debut main-draw match in the doubles event of the Wimbledon Championships.
- She visits Biarritz, a city in the French Basque Country, a region lying on the west of the French department of the Pyrénées-Atlantiques, every summer. She is often joined by her coach and French former professional tennis player Nathalie Tauziat on these trips. Nathalie was the runner-up in the women’s singles event at the 1998 Wimbledon Championships and the runner-up in the women’s doubles event at the 2001 US Open.
Featured Image by Harmony Tan / Instagram