|La La Anthony Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 1979|
Alani Nicole Vázquez
La La Anthony
Brooklyn, New York, United States
La La Anthony went to the Redan High School in Georgia.
Post that, she got admission at the Howard University where she decided to study communications.
Television personality, actress, author, businesswoman
- Siblings – Aviana Vázquez (Younger Sister), Solana Vázquez (Younger Sister), Christian Vázquez (Younger Brother)
La La Anthony is represented by United Talent Agency.
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
La La Anthony has dated –
- Carmelo Anthony (2003-2017) – La La Anthony met basketball star Carmelo Anthony in 2003 through a mutual friend. She was hosting an MTV show along with DJ Clue, who introduced them. For their first date, Carmelo flew to Long Beach, where she was shooting for the MTV show. Things moved fast for them as Carmelo had proposed to her by the 2004 Christmas. They were opening their Christmas gifts in the night and he pulled out a ring. They overcompensated for their early engagement by not getting married for around seven years after getting engaged. In between, she gave birth to a son, Kiyan Carmelo Anthony in March 2007. In July 2010, they got married in a lavish wedding ceremony held in New York and attended by A-listers such as Kim Kardashian, Justin Timberlake, and LeBron James. Their marriage virtually came to an end in April 2017 after Carmelo’s wandering habits finally caught up with him. He was accused of cheating on La La throughout their marriage. She had chosen to ignore his cheating habits. But it seemed all too much when a New York-based stripper accused him of impregnating her. In June 2021, La La Anthony officially filed for divorce from Carmelo Anthony.
- Maino (2015) – In August 2015, La La Anthony was accused of having cheated on her then-husband after rapper Maino claimed that he had an affair with her. These rumors were quickly refuted.
Race / Ethnicity
On both her parents’ side, she has Nuyorican (part of the Puerto Rican heritage) ancestry. She also identifies herself as Afro-Puerto Rican.
39-28-40 in or 99-71-102 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
La La Anthony hasn’t appeared in any TV commercial nor has done endorsement work for any brand till now.
Best Known For
Working as a VJ in various reality series such as Total Request Live, La La’s Full Court Life, etc.
In 2001, she made her film debut in the romantic comedy movie, Two Can Play That Game as a DJ.
First TV Show
In 2002, La La made was first seen as herself in the MTV series Total Request Live.
La La Anthony managed to shed about 20 pounds by following 60 days of fitness plan created by rapper, The Game. They formed a group of fitness enthusiasts including Khloe Kardashian and Rob Kardashian for their two-month-long fitness regime, which also laid special emphasis on eating clean.
The group went out daily for a three-mile run at Los Angeles’ Runyon Canyon. After the completion of the running session, they performed series of bodyweight exercises for strengthening the lower body such as squats, lunges, and jump squats. When she is in New York City, she likes to get involved in boxing workouts. She trains and works out at the Trinity Boxing downtown, where her ex-husband Carmelo also used to train in his offseason.
To complement her workout, she follows a disciplined and clean diet plan. Her diet plan is like –
- Breakfast – Oatmeal and Greek yogurt.
- Lunch – Turkey wrap with hummus.
- Dinner – Grilled chicken or fish along with quinoa.
She has also made smart changes to her favorite dishes. For example, she has substituted white rice with brown rice for her rice and beans dish. Lastly, she likes to drink a lot of water.
La La Anthony Favorite Things
- Workout – Boxing
- Guilty Pleasure Food – Chocolate
- Healthy Restaurant – Chop’t Salad
- Healthy Snack – Greek Yogurt
- Signature Healthy Dish – Ground turkey and asparagus
- Winter Health Tip – Moisturize
Source – StyleCaster.com
La La Anthony Facts
- She got her breakthrough in the music industry at the age of 15, when she bagged an internship at the Hot 97 station.
- While she was still studying in high school, she managed to get her own show Future Flavas, in which she worked alongside rapper Ludacris. The show was immensely popular.
- While growing up, her main interest was in music. However, she later turned to acting.
- For more than a decade, she has been suffering from Psoriasis, which is an auto-immune disease that leads to patchy, dry, and red skin.
- She has been a keen supporter of the Psoriasis Foundation and other charities that work to spread awareness about the disease and steps to combat its symptoms.
- She has launched her own clothing range under the label of “5th and Mercer”. She has displayed her range of jumpsuits at various fashion shows.
- In January 2014, she published her debut book, The Love Playbook, in which she discussed her journey and how she found success. This book managed to sneak to the top of the New York Times Best Seller list.
- In February 2012, at the Market America World Conference, she launched her cosmetics line, MOTIVES by La La. She decided to create mineral-based products for her line.
- In 2016, she became Broadway producer for the production of Danai Gurira‘s Eclipsed.
- She is very good friends with reality star and businesswoman, Kim Kardashian.