|Memphis Bleek Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 1978|
Memphis Bleek is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor. He has served as the hype man for rapper Jay-Z and has appeared on his albums: Reasonable Doubt, Vol. 2… Hard Knock Life, Vol. 3… Life and Times of S. Carter, The Dynasty: Roc La Familia, and The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse. Memphis Bleek has also released many albums and tracks like Coming of Age, The Understanding, 534, M.A.D.E., Memphis Bleek Is…, My Hood to Your Hood (ft. Beanie Sigel), Is That Your Chick (The Lost Verses) (ft. Jay-Z, Twista, and Missy Elliott), What You Think of That (ft. Jay-Z), My Mind Right, Like That (ft. Swizz Beatz), Round Here (featuring Trick Daddy and T.I.), and Need Me in Your Life (ft. Nate Dogg).
Malik Deshawn Cox
New York City, New York, United States
Florida, United States
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Hype Man
- Others – Sean Price (Cousin) (Rapper)
Warehouse, Get Low Records, Roc-A-Fella Records, Def Jam
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $200 Thousand.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Memphis Bleek has dated –
- Christina Milian – He was romantically involved with actor, singer, and songwriter Christina Milian in the past.
- La La Anthony – Bleek has also been linked with La La Anthony, a television personality, author, businessperson, producer, and actor.
- Ashley Coombs – He got married to his longtime girlfriend, Ashley Coombs, on December 13, 2014, in an evening ceremony at The Merion in Cinnaminson, New Jersey. Jay-Z also attended the ceremony. Their first child, a daughter, was introduced to the world in July 2018.
Note – He also has a son who was born in June 2002.
Race / Ethnicity
- Pierced ears
- Sports a goatee
Memphis Bleek Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Brooklyn’s Marcy Projects, the same Projects as Jay-Z.
- On August 3, 1999, Memphis Bleek released his debut studio album Coming of Age and it peaked at #1 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at #7 on the US Billboard 200 chart. The album was certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- His 2nd studio album The Understanding was released on December 5, 2000, and it included songs like We Get Low, They’ll Never Play Me, I Get High, and In My Life. The album peaked at #1 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at #16 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- Alongside Beanie Sigel, Jay-Z, Damon Dash, and Omillio Sparks, Memphis Bleek co-starred as Blizz in the 2002 crime film State Property, loosely based on Aaron Jones and the JBM in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania’s drug trade from the late 1980s to early 1990s.
- He appeared as himself in the 2002 urban crime comedy film Paper Soldiers.
- After receiving the approval of Jay-Z in 2015, Memphis Bleek started his own label as the CEO and founder of Warehouse Music Group.
Featured Image by Memphis Bleek / Instagram