|Damon Dash Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 3, 1971|
|Girlfriend||Raquel M. Horn|
Damon Dash is an American entrepreneur, record executive, music manager, media proprietor, actor, and record producer who is best known as the co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records, an American hip-hop record label and music management company. He is also the founder of DD172, a media collective that includes a magazine called America Nu, a web design firm called VNGRD79, a record label called BluRoc Records, as well as an art gallery.
Damon Anthony Dash
New York City, New York, United States
New York, United States
Entrepreneur, Record Executive, Music Manager, Media Proprietor, Actor, Record Producer
- Siblings – Bobby Dash (Brother), Jeremy Dash (Brother)
- Others – Ruth Roy (Ex-Mother-in-Law), Rajendra Roy (Ex-Brother-in-Law) (Chief Film Curator of The Museum of Modern Art – located in Midtown Manhattan, New York City), Dennis Dash (Uncle), Linda Dash (née Lopez) (Aunt), Darien Dash (Cousin) (Entrepreneur, Founder of DME Interactive, the first publicly traded African-American-led website company), Stacey Dash (Cousin) (Actress, Former Talk Show Host), Brian Lovell (Ex-Cousin-in-Law), James Maby (Ex-Cousin-in-Law), Emmanuel Xuereb (Ex-Cousin-in-Law), Jeffrey Marty (Ex-Cousin-in-Law), Austin (First Cousin Once Removed), Lola (First Cousin Once Removed)
Damon Dash’s net worth had been $100 thousand according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Damon has dated –
- Jade Jagger
- Roselyn Sanchez
- Christina Milian
- Linda Williams (1987-1997) – He began dating a woman named Linda Williams in May 1987 and the couple has a son together named Damon Dash II aka Boogie Dash (b. November 28, 1991) (TV personality). Linda and Damon had parted ways in June 1997. In 2014, he was ordered to pay Linda USD 50k for causing her to be prosecuted on harassment charges in 2009.
- Natane Boudreau (1999-2000)
- Aaliyah (2000-2001) – Damon first met American actress, singer, and model Aaliyah in New York City in the summer of 2000 – through his accountant. The pair became good friends and began dating soon after. They were together until her death on August 25, 2001, in a plane crash in The Bahamas. Although the couple was not formally engaged, Damon mentioned in interviews (given after Aaliyah’s death) that they had plans to get married.
- Naomi Campbell (2001)
- Ananda Lewis (2001)
- Karrine Steffans (2002)
- Devon Aoki (2002)
- Cindy Morales – Through his past relationship with a woman named Cindy Morales, he has a son named Christian Dash aka Lucky Dash (b. 2004).
- Chloë Sevigny (2004) – Rumor
- Rachel Roy (2005-2009) – Damon married American fashion designer Rachel Roy in 2005. They had first met while she was working as an intern at Roc-A-Wear, an American clothing brand co-founded in 1999 by Damon. At Roc-A-Wear, Rachel had risen to the position of creative director of the company’s women’s and children’s divisions. They have 2 daughters together named Ava Dash and Tallulah Dash. Damon and Rachel got divorced in 2009. In April 2015, she was awarded sole physical custody of their children and granted a 3-year restraining order against Damon. He sued her some days later for mismanaging business affairs related to Royale Etenia, a fashion company they had founded while they were married. In November 2019, he was arrested for failing to pay more than USD 400k in child support. Damon owed Cindy Morales more than USD 60k and Rachel more than USD 365k. It was reported that he later paid up more than USD 1 million to secure his release.
- Raquel M. Horn (2015-Present) – He started dating Raquel M. Horn in 2015 and they got engaged in early 2021. They have a son together named Dusko Dash (b. November 14, 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Sports a goatee
- Affable smile
- Often sports ear studs
- Has multiple tattoos on both his hands
Damon Dash Facts
- Damon endured a rough childhood as his mother passed away due to an asthma attack when he was about 15 years old. In his teenage years, he also used to sweep the floor of a local barbershop and sell newspapers to make ends meet.
- Around the same time, he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes (a disorder that originates when cells that make insulin (a naturally occurring hormone produced by the pancreas that helps the body use sugar for energy) are destroyed by the sufferer’s immune system) as well.
- Damon used to serve as the manager and business partner of renowned American rapper, record producer, and entrepreneur Jay-Z during the 1990s and the early 2000s. Both of them were also, in 1994, among the co-founders of the hip-hop record label and music management company Roc-A-Fella Records.
- In 1999, Damon organized a concert tour for Jay-Z which was so successful that it generated USD 19 million in revenue. He is also credited with the acquisitions of brands like Armadale Vodka and Pro Keds (a line of sneakers) during his time as the co-owner of Roc-A-Fella Records. He was well known for using artists signed with Roc-A-Fella Records and the label itself to market these other brands.
- Damon and Jay-Z’s relationship turned bitter in 2004 after Roc-A-Fella Records was purchased by Def Jam Recordings (an American multinational record label that had previously owned about half of Roc-A-Fella Records). After the sale of Roc-A-Fella Records, he started a new company called Damon Dash Music Group.
- In late 2005, Jay-Z acquired Damon’s stake in Roc-A-Wear, a clothing brand founded in 1999 by the duo. Damon had played a key role in establishing Roc-A-Wear‘s image as he had hired high-profile friends like Naomi Campbell and Omahyra Mota to model for the brand.
- In 2012, American rapper Currensy sued him for USD 1.5 million for releasing his music without permission.
- In April 2014, Damon became involved with Blind Debit, a fingerprint authentication-based payment application.
- In 2018, he settled a lawsuit that he had filed against American producer, director, and screenwriter Lee Daniels to recover a USD 2 million investment with interest. It was alleged that Damon had financially supported Lee early in his career and he had failed to repay him despite his subsequent success.
Featured Image by Damon Dash / Instagram