|Brian Tee Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|March 15, 1977
Brian Tee is a Japanese-American actor, voiceover artist, writer, and producer who is best known for playing Dr. Ethan Choi in the NBC medical drama Chicago Med and its spin-offs. He has also been cast in shows and movies like Grimm, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, Mortal Kombat: Legacy, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Crash, Jurassic World, The Wolverine, Grey’s Anatomy, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Lucifer, Zoey 101, Finishing the Game, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Chronicle, The Gabby Douglas Story, No Tears for the Dead, and The Invisible Man.
Brian Tee studied at Glen A. Wilson High School and there, he was Associated Student Body President as well as captain of the football team.
He then got enrolled at the University of California, Berkeley, and graduated with a degree in theater and performing arts.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Writer, Producer
Brian Tee has been repped by BRS/Gage Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brian Tee has dated –
- Mirelly Taylor – He is married to actress Mirelly Taylor and they parent a daughter named Madelyn Skyler Takata (b. August 10, 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Brian Tee is of Japanese and Korean descent.
Brian Tee Facts
- ‘Brian Tee’ is his stage name. It is a “culturally ambiguous” stage name that he adopted after he graduated from the university because he was rejected by a Korean director at an audition for having a Japanese last name.
- He was 2 years old when he shifted to Hacienda Heights, California.
- He grew up in Southern California.
- During high school, Brian Tee worked at Blackjack Pizza in Hacienda Heights.
- In 2013, he appeared as Noburo Mori, a corrupt minister of justice who is engaged to Mariko, in The Wolverine. It is a superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Wolverine.
- Tee was cast as Chaoz, Gon’s close friend, in the South Korean action film, No Tears for the Dead, in 2014.
- He has appeared in the music videos for songs like Dance Like Michael Jackson by Far East Movement and Conteo by Don Omar.
- Brian Tee played the Shredder, the leader of the Foot Clan who now seeks revenge on the turtles and allies with Krang, in the 2016 American superhero film, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.
- He is well-versed in English, Japanese, and Korean.
Featured Image by Alex Black / Picasa Web Albums / CC BY 3.0