|Don Omar Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 10, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Don Omar is a Puerto Rican singer, songwriter, and actor who is widely regarded as one of the most successful and influential reggaeton artists of all time. He has also been recognized as one of the most popular musical artists in Latin America.
William Omar Landrón Rivera
Don, D. O., El Rey, King of Kings of Reggaeton Music
Santurce, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – William Landrón
- Mother – Luz Antonia Rivera
- Siblings – Luis Landrón (Younger Brother)
- Others – Tomás Ramírez (Ex-Stepson), Adieny Núñez (Ex-Stepdaughter), María Guerrido (Ex-Sister-in-Law), Cordell Brown (Cousin)
Reggaeton, Hip Hop, Bachata, Pop, Rock, Reggae, Urban, Latin Music
- Orfanato Music Group (OMG)
- VI Music
- Universal Music Latin Entertainment
- Machete Music
6 ft or 183 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Don Omar has dated –
- Melissa Del Valle – Through his past marriage with Melissa Del Valle, he has a son named Nicolas Valle Gomez (b. 2003).
- Jackie Guerrido (2007-2011) – Don Omar began dating Puerto Rican TV weather forecaster and journalist Jackie Guerrido in July 2007. They got engaged in April 2008 and were married later that month, on the 19th, in a ceremony at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Isla Verde, Puerto Rico. They got divorced in March 2011.
- Natti Natasha – Rumor
He has a daughter named Diana Omar and 2 sons named Daniel Omar (b. 2002) and Dereck Omar (b. 2006) from a previous unnamed relationship(s).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Puerto Rican descent.
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Often sports a trimmed beard
- Has both his arms covered in tattoos
Don Omar Facts
- Don Omar, in his youth, was actively involved with Iglesia Evangélica Restauración en Cristo, a Protestant church in Bayamón, Puerto Rico. For a span of about 4 years, he even used to offer sermons there before leaving the church to focus on a career in singing.
- His 2nd solo studio album, titled King of Kings (May 2006), went on to become the highest-ranked reggaeton album in the history of ‘Top 10’ US charts when it peaked at number 1 on the Latin sales charts. For his work, he had won the ‘Reggaeton Album of the Year’ award at the Billboard Latin Music Awards. Billboard later recognized the album as the most successful in the past decade in Latin America as well as the most successful in the history of reggaeton music.
- His rise to fame at that time also coincided with a decade-long professional rivalry with fellow Puerto Rican singer Daddy Yankee. In early 2016, much to the surprise of reggaeton fans, the duo announced that they would be performing together in a concert series called The Kingdom World Tour. Tickets for the series were sold out within minutes of the announcement in cities such as Las Vegas, Orlando, Los Angeles, and New York.
- In September 2007, he was detained in the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra in Bolivia after a local concert promoter had sued him and his management staff for canceling a concert in La Paz, Bolivia, earlier that year. Both parties had eventually reached an out-of-court settlement.
Featured Image by Don Omar / Instagram