|Arjun Sarja Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1962|
Arjun Sarja is an Indian actor, producer, and film director who has predominantly worked in films made in the Tamil language. He has also worked in a few films made in the Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam languages. As of December 2021, he had acted in more than 150 movies and had directed more than 10 movies.
Arjun, Action King
Madhugiri, Tumkur, Karnataka, India
He splits his time between Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, and Bengaluru, Bayaluseemé, Karnataka, India.
Actor, Producer, Film Director
- Father – J. C. Ramaswamy aka Shakti Prasad (Actor) (d. August 1986)
- Mother – Lakshmi Devi (Arts Teacher)
- Siblings – Kishore Sarja (Older Brother) (Film Director) (d. June 2009), Ammaji Kumar (Sister)
- Others – Vidyasagar aka Rajesh (Father-in-Law) (Actor), Chiranjeevi Sarja (Nephew) (Actor) (d. June 2020), Meghana Raj (Niece-in-Law) (Actress), Dhruva Sarja (Nephew) (Actor), Prerana Shankar (Niece-in-Law) (Actress), Aparna Sarja (Sister-in-Law), Vijay Kumar (Brother-in-Law)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Arjun has dated –
- Niveditha Arjun (1988-Present) – Arjun had married actress, producer, and dancer Niveditha aka Asha Rani in 1988. They have 2 daughters together – Aishwarya Arjun (b. February 10, 1992) (Actress) and Anjana Sarja (Fashion Designer).
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a rugged beard
Arjun Sarja Facts
- Arjun, as a child, was fascinated with the thought of becoming a police officer but he was later drawn to the arts and eventually took to acting in his youth, following in his father’s footsteps.
- After getting inspired by the 1973 martial arts action film Enter the Dragon, he had started getting trained in Karate. He had started at the age of 16 and had eventually earned a black belt.
- One of the early films for which he had earned critical acclaim was the action thriller film Kurudhipunal (1995). The movie had later become India’s official entry for the 68th Academy Awards in the ‘Best Foreign Language Film’ category.
- He is a staunch devotee of the Hindu God Hanuman and had contributed massively to the construction of a Hanuman temple on the outskirts of Chennai. A 35-foot statue had been sculpted for the temple which had weighed around 140 tonnes.
- In October 2018, at the peak of the ＃MeToo movement in India, an actress named Shruthi Hariharan had accused him of misconduct. She had alleged that, in November 2015, on the set of their 2016 film Vismaya, wherein she was portraying the character of his wife, he used to inappropriately touch her. In response, Arjun had refuted her allegations and had filed an INR 5 crore defamation suit against her at the Bengaluru City Civil Court.
- After this, Sruthi had filed a s*xual harassment case against him with a new set of stories. However, the investigation conducted by the police could not find any evidence in her favor as all the crew members from that film testified in favor of Arjun. The film’s director even told the police that Arjun had requested to reduce the number of intimate scenes between his character and Shruthi’s character to a minimum so that she could feel comfortable.
Featured Image by Arjun Sarja / Instagram