|Aishwarya Arjun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 10, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Aishwarya Arjun is an Indian actress who has acted in Tamil and Kannada language films such as Pattathu Yaanai (2013), Prema Baraha (2018), and Sollividava (2018). She is a 3rd-generation member of the famed Sarja family of actors, filmmakers, and producers, many of whom have worked extensively in Tamil and Kannada language films. In July 2020, she hit the news headlines when she announced on social media that she had been tested positive for the dreaded Covid-19 virus.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Aishwarya had graduated from the Sacred Heart Matric. Higher Secondary School in Church Park, Chennai. She then earned a Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com.) degree from Stella Maris College in Chennai. She had also briefly studied fashion design at Birmingham City University.
- Father – Srinivasa Sarja aka Arjun Sarja (Actor, Producer, Film Director)
- Mother – Niveditha Arjun aka Asha Rani (Former Actress, Producer, Dancer)
- Siblings – Anjana Sarja (Younger Sister) (Fashion Designer)
- Others – Kishore Sarja (Paternal Uncle) (Film Director) (d. June 2009), J. C. Ramaswamy aka Shakti Prasad (Paternal Grandfather) (Actor) (d. August 1986), Lakshmi Devi (Paternal Grandmother), Vidyasagar aka Rajesh (Maternal Grandfather) (Actor), Chiranjeevi Sarja (Paternal Cousin) (Actor) (d. June 2020), Meghana Raj (Cousin-in-Law) (Actress), Dhruva Sarja (Paternal Cousin) (Actor), Prerana Shankar (Cousin-in-Law) (Actress), Ammaji Kumar (Paternal Aunt), Vijay Kumar (Uncle), Aparna Sarja (Aunt)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
Aishwarya has been featured in a couple of TV commercials for ITC’s Bingo Yummitos, a potato chips brand.
Aishwarya Arjun Facts
- Hailing from a family of actors, directors, and producers, Aishwarya’s career choice was pretty much pre-ordained from her childhood. Other than acting, she was also interested in dancing from a very young age.
- She used to participate in numerous dance and talent-based competitions during her school days and had even won an event called Lapaak where students from more than 50 schools had competed. She was also named the ‘Star of the Show’.
- Aishwarya has been trained in several dance forms such as Kathak, Jazz, Contemporary, Freestyle, and Bollywood. In the Jazz dance form, she had trained for nearly 6 exams and had even passed a few certification exams.
- Her first public appearance after her college graduation came at a Sanjana Jon fashion show which was designed to help young and underprivileged girls. Her appearance at the show created a buzz around her name for the first time and she started getting acting offers.
- For her work in the 2018 romantic drama film Prema Baraha, her debut film in the Kannada language, she won the ‘Best Debut Actress’ award at the Filmibeat Awards – Kannada and was nominated for the ‘Best Debut Actor in a Leading Role (Female)’ award at the SIIMA Awards. To train for her role in the film, she had specifically learned the Kathak dance form and had also participated in acting workshops conducted by Kishore Namit Kapoor as well as legendary actor Anupam Kher’s institute in Mumbai.
Featured Image by Aishwarya Arjun / Instagram