|Brit Marling Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 7, 1982|
Brit Marling is an American actress, producer, and screenwriter who is best known for being having penned down and co-created the Netflix series of The OA which was released in 2016. Besides that, she is notably known for her appearance in the various films including Sound of My Voice (2011), Another Earth (2011), and The East (2013). She has a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Twitter, more than 500k followers on Instagram, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Brit Heyworth Marling
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Marling studied at Dr. Phillips High School in 2000. Later, in 2005, she attained a degree in economics and studio art from Georgetown University.
Actress, Screenwriter, Producer
- Father – John Marling (Real Estate Dealer)
- Mother – Heidi Marling (Real Estate Dealer)
- Siblings – Morgan Wieland Marling (Sister)
- Others – Dale Edwin Johnson (Maternal Grandfather), Blanche Holie (Maternal Grandmother)
Marling is represented by Creative Artists Agency, Anonymous Content, and Sloane Offer.
She was previously managed by Hylda Queally.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marling has dated –
- Zal Batmanglij – Rumor
- Mike Cahill (2004-2012)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Norwegian, German, and English descent.
- Beautiful eyes
- Tall physique
- Square face shape
Brit Marling Facts
- She was raised in Winnetka, Illinois alongside her sister Morgan.
- Brit excelled in her studies and was her university batches’ valedictorian.
- Her sister Morgan started dating writer and director Francesca Gregorini in 2014.
- During her junior year of college, she interned as an investment analyst at Goldman Sachs. Despite having earned herself a place in the company, she refused to take up a permanent place in the company as she could not settle in for a job like that.
- While studying in Georgetown, she came in contact with now directors Mike Cahill and Zal Batmanglij.
- In the past, she moved to Cuba with Mike to shoot a documentary titled Boxers and Ballerinas. Co-directing the film earned her recognition in 2004.
- Marling shifted to Los Angeles in 2005, where she began giving auditions. One of the auditions that she was selected for was for a horror film but she refused it.
- She was at first discovered by talent agent Hylda Queally.
- In 2007, she joined the “freegans” movement and lived in a tent whilst retrieving food from dumpsters.
- She and director Zal Batmanglij co-created the show, The OA.
- Marling got her first name Brit from her Norwegian great grandmother.
- Brit and actress Abbie Cornish share the same date of birth.
- She is close friends with her university friends Mike Cahill and Zal Batmanglij.
- Brit is an avid reader.
- Marling has been featured on the cover of various magazines such as Grazia, NME, Back Stage, Splash, and asos.
- In an essay called The Atlantic, Brit penned down details about her shameful experience with film producer Harvey Weinstein. In that, she had mentioned that she was asked to visit Harvey in his hotel room and was asked to shower with him. However, not letting him get the better of herself, she left the room but was shaken up.
Featured Image By Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0