|Buddy Murphy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Buddy Murphy is an Australian professional wrestler and TV personality, best known for his career working for WWE under their brand NXT between 2013 and 2018. He was primarily recognized as one half of the duo “Blake and Murphy” with Wesley Blake. They made their debut in August 2014 but were remembered as the winners of the title match in January 2015, making them NXT Tag Team Champions. The two later split officially on June 22, 2016. In early 2018, Buddy lost 25 lbs or 11.5 kg and won his debut match against Ariya Daivari in the Cruiserweight Championship as part of WWE’s 205 Live brand but lost to Mustafa Ali in the quarterfinals. In April 2019, he was drafted into WWE’s SmackDown brand but was then re-drafted into WWE’s Raw brand in the 2nd half of 2019.
Matt Silva, Buddy Murphy, Murphy, The Juggernaut
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Orlando, Florida, United States
He attended a high school named Berwick Secondary College in Berwick, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, and graduated in 2006.
Professional Wrestler, TV Personality
- Others – Mia Adams (Niece)
Buddy Murphy is represented by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) (Manager) in Stamford, Connecticut, United States.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
103 kg or 227 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Buddy Murphy has dated –
- Alexis Kaufman (2015-2018) – In December 2015, he proposed to a fellow wrestler, best known under her ring name Alexa Bliss. She managed him and his tag teammate, Wesley Blake as part of “Blake and Murphy.” In early 2016, Buddy and Alexa began living together with 3 dogs and a pet pig named Larry Steve, which led Alexa to become a vegetarian for a few months. The news of their breakup that happened in September 2018 didn’t surface until May 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
- Long light brown slicked-back haircut
- Muscular physique
Buddy Murphy Favorite Things
- Activities – Rock Climbing, Swimming With Great Whales, Bungee Jumping
- Soccer Club – Carlton Football Club
Source – Wikipedia
Buddy Murphy Facts
- His ring name in WWE is a reference to the fellow Aussie, soccer player Marc Murphy, who played for Buddy’s favorite soccer club.
- He held the title of an NXT Tag Team Champion for almost 219 days. He later became annoyed that “the fans didn’t know which one was Blake and which one was Murphy.” Buddy stated that it created a feeling of having a chip on his shoulder to prove himself.
- Between late 2016 and late 2017, Buddy hit “NXT rock bottom” and didn’t appear on TV for more than a year. He was “soul searching, running through the motions, and just counting the days left.”
- At the end of 2017, Buddy came back to appear in a singles match against Aleister Black. He was described as having “stolen the show for 3 nights straight” on the NXT live event tour, which reignited his passion for wrestling.
- Buddy has a great relationship with the boss of WWE, Vince McMahon, and has heard mainly positive things from him. He wishes to hear more negative feedback so that critique can make him better.
- He was featured as a downloadable character in the video games WWE 2K16 and WWE 2K17 alongside his duo teammate, Wesley Blake. Unlike Blake, Buddy was also scheduled to make a solo appearance in the WWE 2K20 video game.
- Buddy is his biggest critic and always looks for the things he did wrong in the past, rather than the things he did right.
- In 2018, after winning the Cruiserweight Championship at WWE’s Super Show-Down, Buddy became the 1st Australian male to do so. It was also his 1st singles title in WWE.
Featured Image by Buddy Murphy / Instagram